“A wonderful day witrh the Cave Man” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caveman Snorkeling Tours

Caveman Snorkeling Tours
Front Street | Playa Asuncion/Avenida Hicaco, North towards the split of the island, pass the Sponge Bob Sign at the Snorkel Shop on the dock, Caye Caulker, Belize
+501 605-0345
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Offer Snorkeling Tours to The Belizean Barrier Reef, Hol Chan Marine Reserve, Shark Ray Alley & more; See Manatees, Sharks, Stingrays, Tarpons & much more. Your tour can be either Regular or Private. ** Always Respect for my customers, the Marine Wildlife and the Environment. Happy customers is my aim! * Caveman Snorkeling Tours at your service.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
“A wonderful day witrh the Cave Man”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I'll admit it up front. This ought to be a 5-star review, but I'm thinking that if I give the Cave Man "only" four stars, more people might choose read it. I care very much about wildlife, the environment, etc. It was a warm, sunny, gorgeous day in early December when 5 of us on a tour with G Adventures who wanted to see manatees were directed to the Cave Man. The manatees were not terribly cooperative, but we did see bits and pieces of a few of them. This was in no way due to the efforts of our guide who knew the manatees, their habits, where to find them, and plainly loved them. But the 6-hour boat trip included much more than manatee sightings. On our return to Caye Caulker, we made stopped for some very nice snorkeling, a chance to wander on Saint George's Caye, and a nice loop to the back of Caye Caulker. Promised only simple chicken sandwiches, our host also provided us with a surprise treat of fresh fruit after the snorkeling, and ample cold beverages throughout our trip.

An unexpected pleasure occurred when he casually joined us for breakfast the next morning (we had already been served when he walked in, and three of us had the opportunity to chat with the Cave Man about his love for the manatees and the evironment in general. Since we had completed our tour with him and tipped him for his excellent service the day before, I was totally convinced that his passion for the manatees, his mentor (the late Chocolate), and concern for the future of Belize was from the heart and genuine.

Yeah, this review should be 5 stars, but I did get you to read this, right?

A message the Cave Man himself: Respect, Brother.

• Hebrew first
Dortmund, Germany
“It's all about respect, safety and comfort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Caveman war großartig! Harry Senior und Junior sind beide gut drauf und haben uns einen beeindruckenden Schnorcheltrip beschert. Und ein besonderes Extra war auch dabei...
For Caveman everything is about respect, safety and comfort...and crocodiles! Thanks for that! Greetings from Germany, Julia and Kai

Copenhagen, Denmark
“An amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had a wonderful snorkeling trip with caveman - he was very professional, took very good care of both us and the coral reef and sea life, but was also entertaining and really good company. We saw everything he promised us to see and more! We went on a fishing trip with him as well, where we caught really good fish and he taught us how to clean them. Go find Caveman, its definately worth it! All the best, Harry, thanks from the danish girls!

Caye Caulker, Belize
“Yeah, you best "belize" Caveman is The Man!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

To be honest, I was a little skeptical when I saw Caveman only had "Excellent" reviews on here... but after the tour, I couldn't rate it lower than that. 6 of us did a snorkeling tour with Caveman and it exceeded every expectation I had. We visited several snorkeling spots and swam with sharks, sting rays, one-eyed pirate turtles, schools of fish, and even a manatee (sea cow) we were lucky enough to come across. He gave us the best rate out of anyone else we encountered on the island. He was very concerned with our safety/well-being/happiness... which if I were to criticize anything about the tour, it was that maybe he was a little too concerned. But I can't complain too much about it because he just wanted to make sure we were all having a good time. He was very knowledgeable about the sea and was very keen to keep us updated on every single fish/creature. I'm one of the cheapest people on the planet and I've done a couple snorkeling trips before, but after this tour, I felt it was the best money I had spent compared to other ones--I had no buyer's remorse with Caveman. So if you're coming to Caye Caulker, find Caveman, book a tour, and you'll see why all his reviews are "Excellent"

Perth, Australia
“Amazing snorkelling tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Myself and friends recently booked to do the snorkelling tour with the caveman and were amazed with the locations we were taken. We saw plenty of sharks, turtles, rays, fish and even a manatee which is very rare for his time of year. Caveman has a deep respect for the environment and the animals which makes his tours so enjoyable. Recommend for all ages! Respect