“Authentic Italians by Authentic Italians !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Italian, Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Small and intimate place were you can try the original Italian Homemade Fresh Pasta and Fresh Sauces with the best products available in Belize and around. Only two recipes per day, one always vegetarian, make it easy your choice. Only 14 seats available make our place unique and spot were to meet and chat with other people sitting beside you. We don't serve salads as Italian tradition doesn't put together Pasta with cold salads. Your dinner is completed by homemade Pannacotta dessert or original Rum Cakes. Red and white wine available. Ask the price of the meal before sitting, everyday is different.
“Authentic Italians by Authentic Italians !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Apparently this place just opened but the quality of food and service is like its been open for years. I normally don't order pasta in restaraunts because for the most part North Americans don't know what authentic Italian pasta is. I have travelled many times to Italy and I prefer the simple less brash flavours of traditional Italian over bastardized North American versions. Food took 10 minutes to come out of the kitchen piping hot. It was so good. I asked where they get their pasta from and was blown away when they told me it is made in house. Armando showed me the trays where the fresh pasta that is made daily is dried. I then got a huge smile and a "bonno sera" from Anna and her beautiful Mom!!! This little restaurant reminded me so much of dining in small family trattorias in Italy...right down to Mama smiling away in the kitchen! I cannot tell you how much this little restaraunt lifted my experience in caye caulker.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great Owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Bottom line: Great food, affordable prices, and owners that want to make sure you have a nice dinner. It's an italian restaurant focusing on fresh ingredients. If you want a hamburger or grilled lobster or a menu with 20 entrees, you should probably go somewhere else. Otherwise, read on.

If you are within 100 miles of Caye Caulker, eat here. Stop reading and have some pasta. It's extremely fresh and within a few minutes of your order, you'll probably have made friends with at least one other guest. The ambiance of this restaurant does this.

When my wife and I ate here the first night of it's reopening, it was the most delicious pasta I've ever had. We come from San Francisco, which has it's fair share of delicious Italian food. However, the food here blew me away. We liked it so much we ate here 3 nights in a row.

The owners, Anna and Armando, cook everything fresh depending on what is on the island that day. We were never disappointed.

Overall, ask yourself a few questions. 1. Are you in Belize. 2. Are you hungry. 3. Why are you not eating at this place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“So-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Cute and clean place. Centrally located on the island. The owners, Anna and Armando were hospitable and nice. The reviewers here are sweet. But I believe constructive, real honest review is needed here as well. They serve 2 pasta dishes a night. We tried both. Home made pastas. All Italian so if you're looking for local flavors incorporated, here ain't the place. (Okay, if you're looking for change from a week of lobsters, jerk chickens). The pastas were softer than that chewy, 'al dente' I enjoy in pastas. The wine, two buck chuck is better. The rum cake, it's alright. Price is steep (double) for Caye Caulker. Average tab for 2, $100 Belizian ($50 US), includes wine, pasta, rum cake each.

San Pedro, Belize
“The real pasta thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Went here because friends told me of this place. They are great hosts
And the limited menu keeps it fresh and delicious. She makes 2 pastas a day which is great.
Anna and Armando are great people and will treat you like family.
I have been in the restaurant business for years and I have to give them 2 thumbs up.
Can't wait to eat there again

vancouver
“pasta per-fection ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Armando and Anna have a grest thing going on the island... we went there a few nights and i think if k let my boyfriend we would have ate here everhnight, its that good!! The past is so fresh, made that dsy, and the sauces are amazing! Even if your not a pasta fan or carb lover this place is worth the try and splurge.

• Visited September 2013