“Great food, and Terry is so nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 69 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Terry's isn't listed online. Things usually don't have an address on Caye Caulker.... I do have photos to submit though.
Seattle, Washington
“Great food, and Terry is so nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We walked by Terry's Grill during the afternoon and met Terry and his dog with her puppies. He was so nice and the dogs were so cute. Then we went back for dinner, which was very good. Terry grills everything himself, so the food took a while to come out, but it was great once we got it. Seems like you couldn't go wrong with anything on the menu. There were musicians playing live music (which was good) and the server brought us rum punch shortly after we sat down. I would go back - but would go earlier so that it was still light out, and I'd bring cards to play while we waited. And then I'd enjoy another delicious dinner from Terry!

Visited February 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“What a complete disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Talk about not living up to reputation and expectations. This was a completely fail. Went here for dinner with my girlfriend and a couple we met on our snorkel tour. While Terry is very charismatic, he basically announced to the restaurant upon our arrival that he had a reservation coming in that was going to take all his attention (basically saying we weren't as important). Then when we finally got some service (mind you the place is not big so not many guests) we were disappointed to hear there was very little fresh seafood available.

I ended up ordering pork ribs which were recommended. It took almost twenty minutes to get our drinks. Then we waited an incredibly long time to get our food. The cole slaw which comes with each meal was straight out of a jar and loaded with mayo but sadly the most edible thing on the plate. We also got a side of mediocre rice. The pork ribs, ugh, terrible. I don't know if they were undercooked or just simply straight fat but it was like trying to eat rubber. I gave up trying to cut them after about fifteen minutes and apologized to our co-diners because I had to try and gnaw at it like a dog. There was simply no meat. What a waste for a decently expensive meal for the island. I would not go back. Terrible service, overpriced, awful food, not to mention the staff did nothing to handle an extremely drunk group of youngsters who showed up after we were seated.

Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Like meeting an old friend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

So it was my first night in Caye Caulker and I wanted to learn the lay of the Island. After riding my bike to the "Split", on the way back south I rode the backside and found this little spot called Terry's Grill. What caught my attention was the White chick playying a guitar and singing a song called "Panty Ripper" about the local drink special they have. After she finished, I walked into the courtyard and asked for Terry. He came out and greeted me as if we already knew one another. Come to find out, he had once lived in Los Angeles in the same neighborhood I grew up in. Small world!!

I told him we were a family of four with a 5 year old in tow and he assured me that he could accommodate us with no problem. So the next day around luchtime I ran into him on the beach and he hooked up some superb Jerk Chicken right before our eyes. Yes, it took about 20-30 minutes as does most BBQ, so we casually shopped and let the kids swim in the Split until our food was well done. And here's the best part: we got two great helpings for about $12 USD that was enough to feed all four of us. Considering in the States we pay more than that for garbage like KFC, this was almost too good to be true!!!

The chicken was great, the rice and beans excellent, and the macaroni salad was the perfect balance next to the spicy Jerk Chicken. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Thanks Terry! You are truly THE MAN!! Sorry I talked your ear off too...

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
British Columbia, Canada
“Looks sketchy, but tastes great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We have visited Terry's twice now. When we first got to the island we thought we had the wrong restaurant, as it looks a bit like someone's yard with picnic tables set up. The grill was going though and the food smelled really great. We weren't disappointed- the grilled pork and grilled chicken were both fantastic, and the sides really rounded out the whole dish. It really embodies the Caye Caulker vibe- very laid back. Terry comes out and greets each table, and the whole atmosphere is conducive to making new friends. If you do go, go right at sunset-the view is spectacular.

Visited April 2014
Richmond BC
“One of the best in Caye Caulker”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Talk about fresh. The fish are literally brought in off the boats in front of this place. We thoroughly enjoyed the food here. Ambience was great, everyone enjoyed sitting outside under the palms drinking a cold beer. We were staying nearby and so surprised to find this gem so close to home. I would definitely recommend it. My only caution is that you sit on picnic tables. For some of us, it was not so comfortable. Bring a towel or something to sit on. It's worth it.

• Visited March 2014