Rainbow hotel was VERY centrally located on Front street facing the ocean. Some rooms had views that were blocked by the Rainbow Restaurant (ours was) - but we still got partial ocean views. The restaurants were all located within 5 minutes walk (every place on the island was at most a 10 minute walk!)
The property is family owned and operated - so we felt safe leaving valuables in the room. The rooms also had double-locks, making it even extra secure.
- Centrally Located
- Hot/Cold Water
- Cheap/Affordable ($36pn)
- Ocean View
- 5 min walk from Water Taxi Terminals
- Accepts CC for room payments
- Very helpful and friendly staff
- On Front street with a lot of foot/golf cart traffic - so it was noisy sometimes
- Basic accommodations - bed had fitted sheet, pillow and flat sheet only. Linens were changed every 3 days - bed was made daily. Towels changed daily.
- Water Pressure was poor the first night - but it was great once we told them about it. Like another reviewer suggested - check the water pressure before the office closes!! The water pressure was more like water dripping from the shower head our first night.
- No internet - but it's a quick stroll to Oceanside for free wifi
- No hammocks - just chairs outside the front door along the corridor
I would definitely stay here again next time!!