“Awesome stay-Highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colinda Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Colinda Cabanas
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome stay-Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights while in Caye Caulker and it was lovely! Colin and Linda were very hospitable. Our little cabana was at the back but it was perfect because there was no noise and we felt like it was just the two of us. Its on the opposite side of the Split (the beach/swimming area) but you get a pair of bikes with your Cabana so its perfect! We didn't use the kitchen but having the fridge did wonders when you needed a cold drink! We can't wait to come back and enjoy some more time in the hammocks!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here for the first few nights on our Belize trip and it was a great intro to the holiday. Colin really understands what those extra touches mean when travellers reflect on their experiences. His cabanas have just the right level of seaside chic, and his dock is very well maintained with plenty of spaces to lounge. Bikes are thrown in with the cabana and there is also a canoe that is free to use. Each cabana has an unlimited supply of purified water - together these small touches added up to a lot. Cabins have daily housekeeping maid service so towels and bedding were always clean. We were most impressed by his talk when we arrived, Colin spent time giving us a great breakdown of reputable tour companies and places to eat based on our interests and preferences. We spent the rest of our holidays comparing other accommodation with Colindas and believe me we didn't stay anywhere better!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My family stayed at Colinda Cabana’s for 5 nights the end of March and simply loved it. This was our first trip to Belize and choose Caye Caulker for the majority of the trip. I had read other reviews of the property and thought it would be a good fit – how right I was! Colin was great and helpful; the room clean and so nice; everyone that worked there was friendly and cleaned our unit each day; the kitchen and supplies perfect. Everything you read about the dock, deck and hammock are right on – I even purchased a similar hammock and brought it home! We can’t wait to go back next year and already planning to stay longer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Colinda Cabanas for 2 nights and we wish we could have stayed longer. The rooms were clean and well taken care of. Colin was fun and very helpful. We loved sitting out on the dock and feeling like we had our own special place on the island. We visited some of our friends in other places on Caye Caulker and we felt like we were staying at the best place on Caye Caulker! We hope to return sooner then later!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

If I was very lucky, this would be my home. Georgeous location, clean, and beautifully appointed cabanas. Colin felt like a trusted friend from the first introduction. We were very well taken care of and it deserves its rating as the best place to stay on Caye Caulker! Thank you so much, Colin!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Beautiful row of cabanas on the quieter side of Caye Caulker. One of the best features of Colindas is the private desk with lounge chairs, a hammock, and staircases that lead into the water. Not many of the docks have this around the island and it makes for great swimming/snorkeling. Cabanas are rustic but very clean and breezy. Colin was so pleasant -- highly recommend this place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Kenora, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I booked my trip at the last minute and had to scramble for space over the Easter period. I stayed at Colinda Cabanas from March 27th to March 29th on the second floor of the front building which is about one year old. I wish I could have stayed there the full two weeks. I always felt safe and the vibe was really positive. The attention to detail was impressive. The dishes, kitchen and bathroom fixtures, furnishings, use of local woods, cleanliness, and the people skills of Colin and his staff exceeded the three other places where I have stayed. They set a nice tone. Everything worked. A bike comes with the room and was well maintained. The dock was impressive, built evenly with straight thick planks, and was easy to walk on. The ladders were stairs and easy and safe to use. If you spend any time on Caye Caulker, this really jumps out at you, especially if you have back issues. I appreciate good ergonomics. There is little boat traffic in this quiet area, and I was able to take long swims at dusk and feel safe. He hasn't cheaped it out with anything and it made me want to treat his equipment with respect. I found a knife sharpener in the drawer, the same one that I own back in Canada. Those small touches really impressed me. No bugs, no mold or mildew smell anywhere, and I have a very acute sense of smell. The maids keep the place spotless, and wash the screens daily. The view is great, and the sea breeze keeps the mosquitoes down. Expect the water pressure to be low, hard water, the water is not always really hot, and the bed is a little hard for my taste, but this is as good as it gets on this little island. I have stayed near the split a few times, and much prefer this quiet end of the island, right next to the bird sanctuary. The split is only a few minutes away by bike, day or night, with good lighting. A very good experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Colinda Cabanas? Share your experiences!