1) We asked some locals on the street where the best pizza was, and they said "Casanova's". Because Pizza Caulker is rated higher on tripadvisor, we walked over there.
2) The owner, a french-canadian, was very pushy, yelling out to us "come on in! it's the best pizza anywhere!"
3) We go in, and the waiter clearly has no business being a waiter. He is completely non-emotive and phenomenally inarticulate. He takes our drink orders.
4) After the waiter drifts away, the owner comes over and basically disses his waiter and cooks by saying, "Let me take your order; that way our cook will be able to understand exactly what you want." He then asks each of the four of us our names in a phony attempt to connect with us and writes them down in kind of creepy way.
5) After we finish our drinks he yells from behind the bar "do you want another round?" We respond "yes." The drinks never came.
6) The waiter arrived with our pizza (specially ordered by the owner so his presumably incompetent staff wouldn't screw it up) and two toppings are completely missing. The waiter apologizes and returns with a paper plate with one of the two missing toppings and says put them on, the other topping needs to be warm, so we can't do it." We tell him that we also ordered another round of drinks and he says "sorry", goes away, but never comes back with the drinks.
7) The waiter then comes up with the bill and says "because we made a mistake on the pizza we are going to give you a discount." But when he added it all up it was the same price, and when we tried to point this out to him he began to argue and so we just decided to pay the bill and get the heck out of there.
Quality of Pizza: It is not the kind of pizza I like. If you like a thin crust New York style pizza with hardly any heft or cheese on it, you may like it.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.