“Great Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was our first time in Belize, and we used Tsunami Adventures on the recommendation of friends. We were not disappointed! The snorkelling tour they took us on was nothing short of spectacular. Our snorkelling guides Rene and Miguel were very nice and knowledgeable. Heather and Bunny were so helpful in helping us arrange a great day touring some Mayan Ruins on the mainland with the famed Major Tom. Our tours were small groups which was so nice and so much more personal than the larger tour groups we saw with other companies. We would go back in a heartbeat, and we would not hesitate to use or recommend Tsunami Adventures!

Visited January 2013

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Too rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had a bad experience with Tsunami. One of the owners, Heather, was very distespectful to her employees. She berated them in front of us and she was just plain rude to me.

We were promised a boat, easy to get into, with a ladder and a captain and helper to help us get in and out the water. We waited over half an hour for the boat and when it arrived it was just one step above a rowboat. I was unabe to get in and there was no helper and I never saw a ladder.

Heather refused to return our money, she yelled at her employee and was just rude and unpleasant.

There are plenty of places to dive with, so fortunately you have choices for snorkeling and diving.

Visited June 2013
TsunamiCayeCaulker, Owner at Tsunami Adventures, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
A group of three ladies came to our office and wanted a private charter for a short trip to the reef on the spot. It takes at least a min. of a half an hour to get the boat properly prepared. The boat is a typical 25 foot launchon complete with canopy and ladder to get in and out of the water for your average size person. There was a captain and a side man. This lady decided at the last moment that she did not want to go on the trip and wanted her money back. I told her that it is not possible as the boat is already here. Her next two friends came into the office and said they will still go and don't worry about our friend, she always complain. I would love the other two ladies to write a review of the trip, as they raved about when they got back and even invited the guides out for dinner. I would definately have to say the opposite of this review.
East Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Reef, Ruins or Cave Tubing, they can do it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I always stay at Costa Maya Cabana's located on this location. I have used Heather and her team to book many tours for myself, friends and family. This last time we took a day trip going cave tubing then Mayan Ruins. Was a great day. I have used Tsumani multiple times on 6 or 7? trips to Caye Caulker. They have never let me down.
Pay cash, and save a little. Belize has high fee's on Credit Card transactions.

Visited June 2013
Lawton, Oklahoma
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best Snorkeling trip!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My family of 5 adults made arrangments for a day of snorkeling with Tsunami before we arrived at the island. We found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating. The tour guides, Rene` was extremely knowledgeable of the ocean and island. His Jr. guide was great too ( I am so sorry but I don't remember his name). The staff prepared an excellennt lunch, fresh pineapple and rum punch to sip on our way back to the island. We got to actually touch the Nurse sharks and see beautiful coral reefs. The guides were laid back, and allowed our group to snorkel leisurely in the beautiful ocean. Tsunami gives you the best value for your money- we were with them from 10am to 4pm and made 4 different stops to snorkel. Even though it rained a little while we were out, no one seemed to mind. It was an awesome day! In my opinion, Tsunami Adventures should have a higher rating on Trip Advisor- they were EXCELLENT

Visited May 2013
TsunamiCayeCaulker, Owner at Tsunami Adventures, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. We really appreciate it. Heather, Brioni, Rene and Miguel
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Incredible adventure!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I spent the day snorkeling with eight other folks, and it was incredible! Our guides were great - friendly, helpful, skilled, informative. We saw manatees, sharks, sea turtles, and of course, tons of coral and tropical fish - it was an absolutely wonderful experience - good equipment, plenty of food and water - I couldn't have asked for a better day. It was very affordable, too.

Caye Caulker is a short water taxi ride from Belize City (about an hour)- I was staying in the city for work, and this was one of the few tours that had a trip going out that would work with the water taxi schedule.

My one word of caution is to re-up the sunblock on your back a few times and/or wear a shirt in the water - I'd not been on an all day snorkeling trip before, and had bought some extra power sunblock, but it wasn't enough.

Visited May 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a wonderful review. Heather and Brioni