“Lovely and Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 30 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Corozal Town, Belize
“Lovely and Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Jeremiah's is just lovely. It is conveniently located in between the village and the split, right on the front street. However its front and center location does not detract at all from the peace and quiet you find within the walls! Shehady (the manager) is great, the rooms and kitchen were very clean, and the place its self is full of charm. It is a great place to stay with friends or as a couple.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend went to Caye Caulker for a dive trip and we knew we were going to spend a lot of time out so we were looking for a nice cheap place to stay and was impressed how perfect this inn fitted our objective. We stayed in one of the room upstairs. It was small but quite clean and bright, the shower had perfect hot water and after 10 I did not hear any outside noise. It was close to our diving store. This inn was very convenient for us. I truly recommend this place if you will be doing several activities and need a decent place to sleep.

• Stayed January 2013
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

positive: clean, very friendly and helpful owners - answered all our questions to the island and belize and gave good advice!, good budget-option, located right on main street next to everything you need.

negative: a little noisy but this is due to its very central location on the main street

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Plays De Carmen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The rooms are simple, but everything you need for a budget stay in Caye Caulker. We were meant to stay 3 nights and ended up staying 6. Shee the office, cleaner and everything lady made our stay so worth it. She so lovely and accommodating. The kitchen was clean and we used it a lot due to our lack of money!!! The upstairs room with bathroom was nice and breezy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Jeremiah's Inn is nothing like the nice room pictures on the website show. I found a run-down room, which I can forgive, but the pictures are very misleading. The sheets were stained and thread-bare, there were no decorations, the shower was dirty, and the toilet didn't work right. The lock on the door did not seem like it would have actually done much if someone tried to break in. The bed was not on a box spring, but on a couple slats of wood. When I slept, the mattress fell through the boards, giving me back and neck soreness. I also fell off the end of the bed when I went to sit down because the mattress hung over the last board. I had to go to the office multiple times in order to use my credit card to pay. I would not have stayed a second night at Jeremiah's Inn had I not paid for both nights up front. I was unable to talk to anyone, and so I left a note when I left about my concerns. The manager quickly responded and said that had I talked to her there, she would have refunded my money. I responded and said that she still could. I never heard back, so I wrote again, and still have heard nothing back. I talked to several other people who were staying at other locations for less and were receiving far more. DO NOT STAY HERE! You will regret your decision!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Antigonish, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed in the upper beachfront room which had an awesome view of that turquoise Caribbean water and the reef. The location is ideal, except if it happens to be the weekend of a festival. Unless, of course you *want* to be awake until 4AM because of the extremely loud DJ party almost directly across from the room. And because the room is not air-conditioned, you need to have the shutters open to let in the cooling breeze off the ocean, so there was no getting away from it... I mean, the walls and bed were literally shaking with every bass beat.
Another 'but' is the room we had was very tiny and getting pretty shabby, especially the bathroom and had an ant problem. But, to be honest, we did not see any of the other rooms, so can't speak for them.
I find it odd that none of the other reviewers mention that the 'kitchenette' is shared and is at the back of the main level. Just so you are aware of that. If you are used to hosteling you won't find that a problem. Except it had no kettle or toaster and only a counter-top 1-burner 'stove'.
Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed our stay at Jeremiah's despite the above, I just thought it fair to give you all a balanced review because we had higher expectations when we booked, then felt a bit of a 'let-down' on arrival.
But I can't say enough good about the service. Shehady, who takes care of reception, cleaning, customer service, does a fantastic job and all with a smile! The owner, Jim, is also a kind, friendly person and has great plans for future upgrades to the place. (must say he was unfairly judged by one of the reviewers here).
I would definitely recommend Jeremiah's for folks who want to enjoy a great location 'on the cheap' and aren't fussy when it comes to peeling paint and such.

Room Tip: The only room overlooking the water is the upper front room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Simple accommodations but great deal for the $$! Central location. Felt very safe and secure. Free wifi.Our own hammock that you could see the ocean from. Simple kitchenette with BBQ grill. Used it quite a bit as we were on a tight budget. Stayed 4 nights before heading to Belize City, had to come back for another night and they were expecting us! Shee, the front desk/housekeeper/maintenence.... girl was so fun! So excited for us to get married! Such a cutie! Quite helpful as well directing us to great restaurants, fishing spots etc... Thanks She and Jim. We WILL be back!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #1. 2 beds, private bathroom, each bed had its own fan. quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Jeremiah's Inn? Share your experiences!