“A CC institution” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
London, United Kingdom
“A CC institution”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Fran is a great character and her food is fantastic. Good portion sizes, amazing coconut shrimp and an endless supply of 'Panty Rippers'!
Its good to eat dinner on the beach watching the world go by. When we ate at Fran's there was a group of other tourists who seemed to have some kind of problem with the prices. They were quite rude and we couldn't really understand as you got plenty of food for the price and there was good banter to be had with Fran and other diners. Besides, Fran is not a lady I would want to mess with!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rogers, Arkansas, United States
“Worst place I ate in Caye Caulker”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Food was expensive compared to the other spots and not near as good. I had the lobster and barracuda, both were the worst I had on the island and cost more than I spent anywhere else. I figured after waiting over an hour to get my food that anything would taste good, but I was wrong.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fran you are my girl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I could not imagine Caye Caulker without having dinner on the beach park bench with Fran cooking up the daily fresh catch on the barbeque and creating great plates and a super atmosphere at a backpacker price

Visited August 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“rustic but good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The coconut curried shrimp and garlic shrimp were very good, but took a long time to prepare. We were her only customers. It was raining, so they let us eat at The Oceanside nightclub (what a dive!). Go when it's not raining, and eat outdoors at her picnic tables, overlooking the ocean.

Visited September 2013
Fremont, Michigan
“fun way to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a very nice dinner with Fran and her grill outside on the beach front. yummy food and a great prize.

Visited August 2013