“Blue Hole and more :)” 4 of 5 stars

Cor. Estrella Street and Hicaco Avenue, Caye Caulker, Belize
501-226-0450
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Fish Dive Center, fully equipped to meet your most demanding diving needs is centrally located and just across from the Health Center. We have worked hard together making sure our customers are met with first hand services and ultimate safety. Our dive tours are conducted by trained and knowledgeable dive masters taking you to only the best dive sites amidst richness and splendor of exotic marine life and coral formations.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Blue Hole and more :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was a little bit scared when I red the bad reviews about «Big Fish Dive Center»! I couldn't choose because it was the only one who went out for the Blue Hole these days! BUT: there is nothing to be scared about! the boat-engine had to be fixed or what ever, we had to wait in the early morning but this can happen to every divecenter once! the equipment was absolutly good, as I can say as a Dive-Instructor! all the dive-briefing were well done! the lunch at the island was nice and the people, like divemasters/instructors and captain were friendly! keep going! :)

Visited September 2012

Paris, France
“avoid this dive center as much as possible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I don't understand how this center can be certified by Padi!
The office is always empty and the manager is nice but doesn't understand what he's doing!
They cancel dives for no reasons the day of your dive
Worst, the diver masters don't take care of you at all! he doesn't verify your material, don't make a proper speech before the dive, doesn't interest you to the underwater world and the security is completly put aside...
I've tried with them but will never go back for sure

Visited August 2012
“Unforgettable!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was on very limited time for my stay in Belize and wanted to do the blue hole dive the day after I arrived. I booked it with this company, then immediately jumped online to see what I got myself into. I was scared when I read all the bad reviews. Seriously. There's nothing to be scared about, these guys were great! They covered everything you'd want/need to know about the dive and dive site! This dive is for certified divers only and you're expected to monitor your own air, you should Never run out. (Per some of them previous reviews) It's one of the most amazing dives I've ever done. I would highly recommend this company, all us 12 divers had an amazing trip out, and amazing dives!

aarhus
“blue hole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I went with big fish to the blue hole for 3 dives, one at the blue hole and 2 half moon caye. They were great, the service was good, lunch was good and most importantly for the blue hole the safety and briefing was very good. Life in caye caulker is a little slower than the rest of the world so I was impressed they were so on the ball, in all areas. I would use them again!

Visited July 2012
San Jose, California
“Bait & Switch - Avoid Oscar, Mario Tours”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I will make this very simple. We were a family of 4 - husband, wife, 2 kids.
Point 1: We all signed up for "All Day" snorkeling tour. I was enticed by a guy called Oscar. He told me it will last 10:30 am to 4:30pm. It lasted only till about 2:45pm. They collected "All Day" price from 4 of us. We paid $90 Belizian dollars for *each person* - that is about USD $170 for 4 of us.

Point 2: They promised fruit, water and lunch. Lunch was a freakin' cheap burger but the guy asked us if we wanted Chicken, Fish or Vegetarian "lunch". The burger they give us like the one from $1 menu at McDonald's. Actually I prefer McDonald's lunch. Lunch was HORRIBLE. Carry your own favorite lunch if you can even if this jerk does NOT give a discount for lunch. At least you will have a nice meal.

Point 3: Neither me nor my wife have much background in swimming. We both tried snorkeling. Finally I (husband) got a hang of it after 15 to 20 minutes. My wife could not handle. She really tried to snorkel as she wanted to (at heart) but she fell sea sick. She could not handle the sea, the smell, the feel, the water, etc. Besides she already drank a life term worth salt water. She just got "pushed" back to the boat.
Great! She is safe and that's fine. There are 4 dips/stops and my wfie came back in the first 10 minutes of the first dip. She never tried any of the rest. She said No.

Point 4: We are done with tour. I politely thanked them for the great tour for 3 of us (me and my 2 kids) but I asked them to give us a discount for my wife for whom we paid a full price. We did NOT ask for money back. We asked them to consider a discount to be applied for kids for the next day (tomorrow) as me and my kids wanted to go snorkeling again.

They went on saying Belize is a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY and the first world country "service rules" do not apply. The guy called Oscar, Mario, pretty much told me "tough luck". Oscar even wanted to call Police on me as I was trying to explain what "service means". I tried to "explain" that by giving a discount he can make the
1. experience pleasant for tourists like us
2. generate more business next day as I had FULL INTENTION to back for another tour tomorrow with 3 of us (wife excluded)
3. I can always spread the great service and drive future clientele towards him.

But they DID NOT CARE. They wanted all of us to LEAVE their office, threatened to call the police. I said "feel free to call anyone".

BTW, I really told them 100 times me and my kids liked snorkeling - but as my wife fell sea sick all I wanted them to do was consider a discount and I do NOT need money back. I just want to use that portion for the next trip very next day and I was willing to pay the money for three of us.

They DID NOT CARE. They went on arguing about FIRST WORLD vs THIRD WORLD and tried to lecture me and my wife about how we are trying to argue about money while I was trying to explain the "service" part of it.

That's the story.
Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

BTW, we WILL go snorkeling again - not with these guys for sure.

BTW, Oscar seems to be VERY PROUD about having 5 wives (perhaps not married but just illegal relationship?) and is scouting for the 6th one. He said Mario family are related to him. Technically Mario Tours is a separate entity on the street but they are ALL ONE FAMILY.
My deal was with Oscar. But when I brought about the partial-refund-applied-for-future-trip he literally said "I am tough but may be you can ask Mario". I told him "You were enthusiastic to take money from me but why is it that I have to talk to Mario?"

Interestingly Oscar never told me he was going to involve "another party" As soon as I paid money he took me to "Mario Tours" and said that Mario will take care of me. Oscar has a different shop called "Big Fish".

So, when there is a discrepancy or a dispute as in my case Oscar and Mario were playing "Ping Pong" with me. Eventually they started "ganging up".

The bottomline is we don't even know what their "relationship" is until after you pay the money.

Many of these guys are colluding. They are all a monopoly disguised as 4 or 5 different companies. Their names are Oscar, Mario, Rico, etc.

Visited July 2012