“Amanda's Place is *the* place to stay on Caye Caulker” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amanda's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
Amanda's Place
You added Amanda's Place to your Saves list
Front Street, Caye Caulker, Belize   |
Special Rate
Discounts on Weekly Rates
Ranked #5 of 30 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Amanda's Place is *the* place to stay on Caye Caulker”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I spent six nights at Amanda's Place on Caye Caulker in mid-September 2013, and was extremely comfortable the entire time. It was perfect for my needs. Upon my arrival, the one room studio was spotless, as was the bathroom and kitchen area. The small pool outside was perfect for cooling off during the day, and late night swims under the stars. Many great bars and restaurants are within easy walking distance (the Caye itself is less than 3 miles long). Amanda was a great host and made me feel like a VIP by arranging for a driver to meet me at Belize City Airport and driving me to the water taxi. Amanda was there to meet me on the CC side and drove me to my room in her golf cart. A really nice personal touch that made me feel so welcome and appreciated. She answered all of my questions - including a large number before I arrived via email. I highly recommend her Place to anyone looking for a fun getaway vacation. I especially recommend Amanda's Place to couples - it's a great spot for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The Basics: Myself and my boyfriend stayed in Casa Amancer, which is one of the three residencies that make up Amanda's Place. Casa Amancer is a one-bedroom sort of studio apartment located directly above a two-bedroom apartment, and the building is right next to a multi-bedroom home. Both buildings share a pool and outdoor area.

We stayed in the off-season, and had no one below us, and neighbors in the house next door for only the first few days of our stay. I can't help but think we would have had a different experience had the entire property been full for the duration of our visit. I didn't actually realize that Casa Amancer was the top level of a two-level house when I booked it, and would have been a little disappointed to find downstairs neighbors. That said, being here during the off season was pretty great. For the most part, we had the entire property, including the pool, to ourselves.

Now for the accommodations themselves - Casa Amancer is set up like a studio apartment, with a bedroom, living area, bathroom, and kitchen. The living area does have a futon, but I think size-wise, it's best for a couple or a family with one small child. The room itself is pretty nice, but if you are used to daily maid service or a spotless American hotel room, you're going to be disappointed. This felt like staying in someone's guest home, which is exactly what we expected coming to Belize. The room is not cleaned during your stay, nor are towels or bed linens changed, so it's up to the guest to keep things neat.

One last thing worth mentioning - there is a rooster nearby that must belong to a neighbor that starts squawking every morning at around 4am. It's incredibly annoying, and I hope for the sake of Amanda and the other hotel/rental home owners in the area, something can be done about it. It honestly woke us up just about every morning of our stay, and kept us awake for 30-60 minutes each morning. Hopefully the issue is taken care of soon, as the stupid rooster was the only bad part of an otherwise fabulous rental home!

• Stayed August 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I spent a happy, sandy, sun (and rain)-drenched week at Casita Carinosa. The Casita is close to everything on the island. Amanda was a great host, answering our questions and introducing us to life on Caye Caulker. She arranged transportation for us from the Belize City airport to the water taxi and back again and arranged for our bags to be transported from the water taxi to the Casita. This might seem like a small thing until you try rolling your suitcase through the sand for a couple of blocks! Take Amanda’s suggestion, and pay the small price per bag for this service. The Casita was just the right fit for our group of six--a family of 4 and a mother-daughter pair. The air conditioning in the bedrooms was a must in August. It would have been really nice to have AC in the kitchen/living/dining room, as well, but that amenity seems to be a rarity on Caye Caulker. The bedrooms are just big enough for comfort. (Stow your bags under the beds.) The bathrooms are tiny but clean, and there is ample hot water. Amanda supplies 5-gallon jugs of drinking water, which was a wonderful service. We used the pool a lot, despite daily scuba diving. Plunging into the cool, fresh water was a pleasure. Bath and pool towels are provided but are not changed out during the week, so it is up to you to keep them as dry and fresh as you can manage. It's a good idea to bring extra towels and/or plan to have them laundered at a nearby laundry, like Ruby's, since things won't dry out much if it rains. Dry towels in the tropics are a blessing! ☺ Thank you, Amanda, for a lovely stay and all kinds of helpful recommendations and advice. We loved Casita Carinosa!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Antigua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Last month I took time out to have a break from life's pressures etc, Casa Amancer was perfect for my needs. A spacious, very comfortable and well equipped holiday 'home.' It is a self-contained, unit which is upstairs and has a delightful balcony and hammocks for chilling and watching the world go by! The pool is an added bonus to the accommodation.

The owner, Amanda is an extremely caring and kind lady, nothing was too much trouble for her to make my R & R special and care free.

Casa Amancer is in the centre of the village, quiet, safe and very convenient for everything one could need. I have booked to return in September!

Room Tip: Casa Amancer is excellent for anyone who wants to be part of village life and/or for quiet, private...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Castro Valley, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My 5 friends and I stayed in Casita Carinosa for 5 nights and it exceeded our expectations. The house had space enough in the living room/kitchen/dining area for us all to hang out. We didn't cook anything but used the refrigerator to make ice and keep our drinks cool. We slept 2 to a room, and I was a little concerned that we'd find ourselves cramped, but we each had enough space on the shelves and in the closet to unpack and settle right in. The pool, porch,and roof lounge area were a big hit with us. If ever we felt warm we'd just take a quick dip in the pool and cool right off. Amanda was wonderful too! She helped us make arrangements for getting to and from the island, and given that we were a group of mostly inexperienced travelers this was extremely helpful. She even met us at the dock when we first arrived. She was always around to answer any questions we had. The location of Amanda's Place is extremely convenient to everything: stores, restaurants, the ATM, excursions/activities and the local night life. I've already begun to plan my next trip to Caye Caulker, this time with my husband, and of course we'll stay at Amanda's Place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We loved this place! Neat, clean, and very comfortable for our week long stay on Caye Caulker. 6 of us shared Casita Carinosa so we had a room for the grandparents, parents and kids--perfect! It was fun to sit on the porch and watch the happenings on the street, but far enough down the road from the main area that it wasn't too busy or noisy. The pool was SOOO refreshing after a hot morning jog or after swimming in the salt water. Plus it kept our 12 and 14 yo busy and happy. We had everything we needed and even cooked the fish we caught for dinner one night. The terrace was also a great place to relax in the evening. Wi-fi worked, AC kept us cool, everything worked great. Amanda was super nice and Scrumpy is a cute dog!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Casa Amancer. A very nice self contained unit with bedroom, sitting area and full kitchen with fridge/freezer, stove, microwave etc. All you’d need if you want to cook but with a great selection of places to eat within the couple of hundred yards that comprises the village this proved completely unnecessary. But the fridge/freezer is very handy for keeping drinks cool and ice, and that you will want to sit on the full width balcony with a drink at the end of the day while watching the world walk by. The unit is air cooled through the screened windows (no glass) with fans if you aren’t cool enough. We were, even in the heat of April. A couple of sunbeds and chairs sit in the garden shared between the units and these proved excellent at the end of a day snorkelling/sightseeing, and the pool was just wonderful to cool off. A very comfortable stay, and with a pool which isn’t too common on Caye Caulker, all at a good price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Amanda's Place? Share your experiences!