“Crappy boat, good times.” 4 of 5 stars

Front Street, Caye Caulker, Belize
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Raggamuffin Tour's sailing adventures provide access the most remote and inaccessible parts of Belize’s reef which showcase some of the most beautiful snorkeling in the world! We offer a legendary three day sailing trip from Caye Caulker to Placencia - an adventure that will give you memories to last a lifetime! We also sail to Hol Chan and Turneffe Atoll for snorkel day trips. Come see the unspoiled jewel of the Carribean, stay on deserted islands and snorkel the pristine barrier reef.
Red Bluff, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Crappy boat, good times.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The boat we were on was a total piece of crap. It felt a little like a bait-and-switch when we didn't get to board the nice catamaran floating in front of their beach stand. But the crew (Chilo and Shane) and the amazing snorkeling sites made up for that initial disappointment. Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley are not to be missed.

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
Melbourne
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing 3 day sailing trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

First off I have to mention our amazing crew, Captain Jacob, Dane and Dylan. We had a day and a half of not fantastic weather (storms, rain, wind in the wrong direction) but the boys still managed to make it fun. They were also extremely knowledgable and super friendly. It also didn't hurt we had a really fun group of people to share this experience with.

The boat was relaxing with some great views, snorkelling sites are beautiful, spear fishing for the guys kept them all well occupied, trawl fishing to catch some delicious treats for dinner, beautiful islands to camp and absolutely AMAZING dinners. I haven't eaten that good in a long while.

I would recommend this Caribbean island hopping trip to everyone! Do it,you won't regret it!

Visited July 2013
Vieux Fort, St. Lucia
“Awesome Day trip to Hol Chan!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was our second trip to Caye Caulker and our first Ragamuffin tour. We traveled with a group of 10 people and had a great time! Captain Jacob and Sherwin were great guides and very knowledgeable about the reef and its inhabitants. The boat itself could use a little paint but we weren't too picky. Hol Chan was beautiful, we swam with sea turtles, sting rays, and nurse sharks. Our Captain, Jacob, was very nice and professional and we had a great time. Thank you Ragamuffin for an awesome trip!
Next time we will have to do the 3 day trip to Placencia :)

Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“3 day sail trip to Placencia is a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was my second time to Caye Caluker but my first time on an adventure with Ragamuffin. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants to have a good time with an excellent crew. Captain Jerry and the two Shane's were professional and worked hard all day, every day. I would do the same trip in a heartbeat. AND, Ragamuffin just outfitted a new Catamaran (RagaQueen) that will soon be available for tours.
I have read other reviews and feel bad that some had a bad experience. For me, the whole trip exceeded my expectations. I am already planning another trip to Belize and will definitely go on the overnight sailing trip again. I only hope that Captain Jerry and the two Shane's will be our crew again. Great job guys! And in case you are wondering where you are at, "You are still in Belize!"

Visited June 2013
Planet Earth
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“One of the things you must do in your life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have been in snorkeling in many different places but nothing compared to this experience. I was travelling alone and chose the full day sail. The sea life is amazeballs!!! The drop off is crazy! I found the staff to be pleasant and the booking to be easy. I would highly recommend this. If you get sea sickness sailing is probably not for you.The waters in the gulf of honduras can be choppy.

Visited August 2012