“Brilliant and professional” 5 of 5 stars

+501 226-0143
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Blue Hole, Turneffe Atoll and The Belize Barrier Reef our some of our most popular dive sites. All computer diving and modern equipment help to give our dive masters and instructors the tools they need to do their job with expert care.Whether your goals are to take your first breaths on scuba, to become an instructor, or to dive to the bottom of the Great Blue Hole. We will be happy to work with you.Since 1978 Belize Diving Services has been continuously operating dive tours from the beautiful Island of Caye Caulker in Belize. Whether your first time diving or your 10,000 we will be happy to show you the underwater world of Belize.
Norwich, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Brilliant and professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We contacted BDS via email to reserve our place for the Blue Hole dive and they were very professional and quick in their response and using Paypal to pay for the deposit was fast and easy. We received a confirmation email from BDS to say that they had received the funds.

Upon our arrival in Caye Caulker we went over to the dive shop. Pablo was very welcoming and he helped us select our rental gear to make sure that we had the correct sizes and weights.

The rental equipment was relatively new and very comfortable with top notch brands such as Bare and Aqualung available. Most of the regulators had a pressure gauge and a dive computer too.

The staff were always friendly and professional whether at the shop, onboard the vessel or underwater. Safety was always paramount even though they wanted everyone to have an enjoyable and fun experience.

We used both of BDS's vessels. The smaller boat was fast, comfortable and it was easy enough getting in and out of the water. Onboard there were life vests, first aid kit and emergency oxygen and a radio.

The larger vessel for going to the Blue Hole and other further dive destinations was comfortable with space both inside and outside for all the passengers. There are freshwater showers and a toilet as well as all the safety equipment.

They are hands down the best dive company we have used.

We would certainly recommend doing all your dives with BDS!

Visited January 2014
Argos1980, Public Relations Manager at Belize Diving Services, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thanks for the awesome feedback! Reading about your experience makes us incredibly happy- we are always striving to perfect each aspect of our dive company, and it looks like we are pretty close! We believe in providing top-notch customer service, equipment, instruction, safety measures, and diving to all of our customers, while still giving independence to truly experience Belize. We appreciate the great review, and we’re glad you enjoyed your time in (and out) of the water with us! Thanks again.

Caye Caulker, Belize
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best dive company ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I was thrilled to get to dive with BDS, the most professional, safe, clean, fun outfit I've ever gone with! Thanks!!

Visited January 2014
Argos1980, Front Office Manager at Belize Diving Services, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Wow! We’re so happy we could give you the best diving experience of your life! Thanks for choosing us, and you’re always welcome back to Belize!
Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Phenominal Dive Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We spent 5 days (11 tanks) in January of this year with this group. To say the least, I have NEVER nor do I think I will ever again have a better dive experience or had better service from any other dive shop. They went out of their way to make everyone feel comfortable and safety was a great concern. We had the opportunity to dive with all the divemasters by the end of our trip and each one took great pride in showing us what each dive site had to offer for wildlife and plant life. I'm not too sure but I think there may have been a little competition going on....They are very proud of this area and make every effort to keep it natural. Many thanks to this group of professionals for an awesome experience. We will be back for more!

Visited January 2014
Argos1980, Public Relations Manager at Belize Diving Services, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thanks for the great review! Here at BDS, we believe the best dive is a safe dive, which is why we like to ensure all of our divers are comfortable, relaxed, and educated! We also like to show off our knowledge of the reef and marine life, and sometimes it turns into a little competition! Thanks again for diving with us, we’re happy you enjoyed your time with us!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Top notch company with safety a #1 priority...wouldn't dive with anyone else!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Since before I even booked out dive trips, BDS was extremely helpful. Any questions were promptly answered via email and booking our dive trips (4 months out) was a piece of cake. We even added an extra dive 2 dives before our arrival and were graciously accomodated. I was having an issue getting in touch with the guest house were we planning to stay at in Caye Caulker and CJ went over there himself to confirm our reservation. Great customer service!

Our dive master for all 6 dives as Walter and he was great! Not only a pretty funny guy but he gave a very thorough briefing of everything before we even got in the water. Reviewed the dive plan, hand signals and signals for marine life. Each time he spotted a creature, he would tap his tank to alert us and then give the signal for whatever animal. Pablo and Cal were also on our boat the second day of diving and were very personable, knowledgable, and helpful. Pablo took great care of the handful of people who got seasick on the way to the Blue Hole...you can't pay me enough to deal with vomit.

The equipment with BDS is the best I saw on our whole trip. Other companies had really sketchy looking boats and other outdated equipment. The boats we used were awesome!....they had bathrooms and an upperdeck. The captain of the boat was very well trained....we hit some pretty choppy waters on the Blue Hole trip and kept in under control very well...obviously experienced and we felt safe. On board, they had an array of emergency equipment.

The dive trips themselves were the best part obviously! The pricing was also very fair....others charged more for fewer dives. We had booked our trips before the price increased and BDS honored the prices at booking time....we wouldn't have known otherwise and they could have easily charged us the higher prices but the honesty was outstanding! My favorite dive was the Long Caye Aquarium....the last dive of our trip and we saw spotted eagle rays, sharks, eels, tons of fish, etc....all the dives were incredible.

Belize Diving Services has a restuarant/bar attached to in that has phenominal food and drinks...not to mention great happy hour! We had a short break between dive trips and the kitchen staff made sure we got our food on time before the boat was supposed to go out again. We were able to keep our gear in a locker over night so we wouldn't have to lug is back to our guest house and then back the next morning...I can not say this enought.....GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Be sure to tip your dive masters!!!.....yeah yeah yeah, you're already paying for the dive trip and they get paid to dive, such a "terrible" life! LOL Remember, your life in is these guys' hands when you're on the boat and in the water and they have to keep current on the their knowledge...you want them to be happy. :) Plus, they're awesome!

Visited January 2014
Argos1980, Public Relations Manager at Belize Diving Services, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Wow! Thanks so much for taking your time to leave such a great review- we always appreciate feedback! We’re all about making sure our customers have an amazing vacation in Belize, which is why we do our absolute best to ensure that happens! CJ, Walt, Pablo, and Cal are always eager to help our divers, whether it’s confirming hotel rooms, tending to seasickness, or going over safety plans, they're the best! Once again, thanks for diving with us, and we’re incredibly happy we could make your time here in Belize unforgettable!
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very Professional, Safety-Oriented Dive Shop & Excellent Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I recently dove Turneffe Atoll with BDS. My entire experience with BDS from start to finish was excellent. On the day that I went to check out available dives CJ recommended that I dive a couple days later (on a Thursday) as the weather was not looking good for the next two days. Boy, was he ever right! The weather became chilly, extremely windy, and rainy. By Thursday morning the winds had died down and the rain had pretty much stopped, although the water remained quite choppy for the boat ride to Turneffe.

Turneffe is about 45 minutes from Caye Caulker on BDS's 46-foot boat, the Maera. The Maera is a very nice dive boat, very spacious, with a bathroom and hot shower on board. From the moment we stepped aboard the staff was very professional and attentive. They gave us detailed instructions regarding the boat and what to do if we were feeling seasick. The equipment is very well maintained and actually looked new to me. It was well organized and the dive masters were there to answer any questions as we checked our equipment. During the ride to Turneffe, I must have been looking a bit green as Walter, one of the dive masters, checked to make sure I was okay several times. I was impressed by his attentiveness.

I also was very impressed by the diving at Turneffe. We saw a massive ray, lobsters, several pods of dolphins, a sea turtle, and assorted fish. The reef colors were much better than the diving I've done off of Ambergris. Walter was my dive master and he was excellent. Getting up the ladder in three foot swells was a little bit scary for me but I felt much better as soon as I saw and heard the dive masters and instructors instructing and helping the other divers as they got out before me.

The lunch provided was quite good and really hit the spot. When we got back to Caye Caulker I was delighted to see that 88 West (the sister restaurant/bar to BDS) had set up free coffee for us! It was just what I needed as I was cold! I also have to mention that CJ took the time to look at my new dive watch and to show me how it worked (as the instructions accompanying the watch weren't so clear). I will definitely dive with BDS again. In fact, I would love to do my Advanced Open Water training with BDS, if that's an option!

Visited January 2014
Argos1980, Public Relations Manager at Belize Diving Services, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thanks for the great feedback! We’re happy we could work with both you and the weather’s schedules to give you a great dive! Our staff at BDS, including Walt, ensures our divers are having the most comfortable, safe, and fun experience possible, in and out of the water (or in your case, getting in and out of the water!). We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us- you are certainly welcomed back to take our advanced classes. Just visit www.belizedivingservices.com to see which class fits your interest and give us a call! Thanks again!