“Professional and Fun” 5 of 5 stars

+501 226-0143
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Blue Hole, Turneffe Atoll and The Belize Barrier Reef our some of our most popular dive sites. All computer diving and modern equipment help to give our dive masters and instructors the tools they need to do their job with expert care.Whether your goals are to take your first breaths on scuba, to become an instructor, or to dive to the bottom of the Great Blue Hole. We will be happy to work with you.Since 1978 Belize Diving Services has been continuously operating dive tours from the beautiful Island of Caye Caulker in Belize. Whether your first time diving or your 10,000 we will be happy to show you the underwater world of Belize.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Professional and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

From the first time you meet the crew, and before and after each dive, to the day you leave, the dive leaders, captain, and dive masters are super fun, informative, and a pleasure to be around. They make the experience enjoyable, needless to say the dives alone are fantastic.
Thanks again guys, you run a great show! Looking forward to a third week of diving some point in the next few years.

Visited January 2013
Argos1980, Owner at Belize Diving Services, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank You!

We try really hard to make your diving and trip to Belize memorable and a great experience. We work hard and take our jobs seriously. It is absolutely a pleasure to know that our effort does not go unnoticed.

Ludington Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great people and very professional services!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Dive crew and dive masters were very good..knowledgeable and took care of any questions or needs we had. I thought the 3 tank dive to the Blue Hole and Half Moon Caye was good but I preferred the dive to Half Moon Caye with the Canyon and Wall dive! What an awesome diverse environment!

Visited January 2013
Half Moon Wall and Aquarium (off Long Caye) are two of my favorite dives anywhere. I am glad you enjoyed them. And the diversity here is very cool. You get two unique atolls and a Coastal Estuary system all in one place! It is very cool that you were able to recognize that.

My staff work there buts off most of the year. And when they are not working I help them with furthering their dive education. They are really hard workers and I am sure it makes them happy to know that customers are appreciating their increased expertise.
Townville, South Carolina
155 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 202 helpful votes
“Very nice dive operation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The staff was friendly and competent. The big boat on their web page is only for the extra charge dive trips which they push alot (blue hole). We did the Noth Atoll and it was very good as the reef is less visited. They have a smaller boat (no wind or rain protection) for the local dives. The smaller boat is good for up to 6 but they will put on a lot more if they get the booking (we had 9 on one dive and it was quite crowded even though they sent two dive masters). We always got a dive briefing and all dives were drift dives (even if there was no current, the boat picked us up at a different point). We manage about 60 minute dives even though the brienfing said 45 or 50 minutes. The dive masters were not in a hurry to make us go up which was good.

Visited January 2013
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the relaxed pace of our dives. We really take pride in our extended bottom times. Though we try not to advertise it too much because there is often cause for us to keep the dives a bit shorter (i.e. swell, time constraints). But whenever possible we will try to keep you diving until you are down to 750psi. We even have bigger tanks for some of the guzzlers out there.

Our 38 foot boat Sea Drops is a great boat for the nearby reef and Turneffe Atoll on some days. Her big engines make her the fastest boat on the island. She is licensed for 24 people. We keep the max divers at 10 though.

We are happy you enjoyed your time with us at Belize Diving Services.
israel
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

i checked out i think every diving place in the island and they were the most proffesional by far ,compared to the other places.
one of the best days in my trip and one of the best dives!
amazing and profesional staff! very good equipment -big boat!
the stuff was carring and fun! the dive places were amazing!
really reccomended!

Visited August 2012
Thanks!

We try to offer a little bit of a different experience here at Belize Diving Services. From the moment you walk up to the shop we hope that we presented an experience that was polite and respectful. Which helped you to relax and enjoy some of the best diving in the world.
Portland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice dive.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

To start off I give it an excellent because they gave my friend who lives in Belize a local discount of 50%!!! On the day of our dive they came off as unorganized. They didn't have my gear on the boat when we left and the short kid in charge of it was rude and again, unorganized. This made me extremely irritated because I payed a lot of money and they are supposed to be the best. They had to go around the island and pick them up from someone on a bike. They never once apologized. My dive master was really great! Upon arrival back at the dive shop the line to check out was ridiculous. Turns out the guy running the computer and handing out the bills was the owner! He wanted to charge me something totally different from what they had originally quoted us. *Remember to bring your quote back with you on the day of the dive! They whole thing was unorganized from the get go and the "checking out" issues were crazy. If you wanna get outta there in a timely manner, *BE THE FIRST TO GET OFF THE BOAT AND BACK TO THE COUNTER! My last piece of advice is to make sure they have your gear before you leave the dock! I don't care how annoying you are to them, make sure they have it! Besides that, the equipment was great and the food between dives was nice. I think I just had a bad experience and I hope it doesn't happen to you. They're track record speaks for itself.

Visited January 2013
Thank you for bringing to light some of our Belize Reef outreach initiative. By offering diving at cost to Belizeans we hope to increase the value that they place on their world heritage site. Thereby assisting our friends and colleagues in conservation management concerns when it comes time to go to the polls.

In so far as your problems with how I operate the cash register. You are right I am crap. But when I got a third of my staff out with the flu and a congested instructor manning the desk for the first time I have to jump in and do what I can. We are not normally so short staffed and this is not what other divers will experience. And as a part of the continuing training that goes on at Belize Diving Services we are making sure that more staff are qualified (and better than I) in the office.

I would hope every diver knows to do a gear check the boat leaves the dock. We were in having some gear shortages these past couple of weeks because the new gear ordered in October had not cleared Belizean customs. It took about twice as long to clear 40 new BCDs from Aqualung as it has in the past.