“A Great Stay On Caye Caulker” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CayeReef

We can't find prices for this hotel
CayeReef
You added CayeReef to your Saves list
Front St, Caribbean Seashore, Caye Caulker, Belize   |
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Caye Caulker
gulf shores
“A Great Stay On Caye Caulker”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed 4 nights at Caye Reef during a recent three week trip to Peru, Panama, and Belize.The unit was a top floor unit and was a good value for the money. The unit had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, living room, bar, and a great deck overlooking the sea. The AC was cold, the bed was comfortable, and the furniture was comfortable. The internet signal was strong and the boob tube had many channels. We made ourselves coffee every morning and ate treats from the local bakery. The pool and hor tub looked nice, however we never had any time to use them. The entire property was clean and well organized leaving guests little to do but enjoy the activities on Caye Caulker. I would absolutely stay there again. Enjoy. Richard Garcia

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Well, let me begin by saying, sorry for the delay with this review. Back in November I was traveling to Caye Caulker and wanted to try different places to stay with my girlfriend. We had the pleasure of staying a night at The Caye Reef. The room was outstanding and the view extraordinary. We had a great meal at Don Corleone's and tok a stroll down the way towards the split. The moon was full and beautiful giving a very romantic view of nature.
We then retired to our room and relaxed in the hammock on the veranda for a while. We decided to sleep with the windows open because the breeze was too good to be true.
What a beautiful place to stay.
Thank you to Bobbie and her staff for making us feel at home.

Room Tip: All the amenities of home, but who wants that in paradise? There is WiFi, good A/C, bottled water, c...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Olhao, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here for one week with family. Taxi transfer from the airport was hassle free. The place was way bigger than expected and spotless. The staff were great - not in your face, but always ready to help (they gave us a cell phone to reach them too!). The roof views are out of this world and the hot tub was heated when we requested (a mistake because it was too hot for a 'hot' tub). Highly recommended. Cool and quite, but near the action - we let the breeze blow through the apartment and didn't need to turn the AC on (fans at night).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We spent 6 nights in the penthouse and could not have been happier. Great views, great sized unit and close to the roof with the spa. [Won't call it a hot tub because it's not heated but then who wants that in June!] We spent a couple of afternoons up there and found the chill factor outstanding. Quick walk to the split and up on the N. end so a bit quieter at night than other areas. They also cleaned the beachfront every morning and it was immaculate with reserved seating. :)

They provided a cell phone which we didnt think we would use but sure enough we ordered pizza delivery 1 night and booked TropicAir for our flight out instead of taking the slow, overcrowded ferry. [btw - Trpic flies into Belize Int'l]. They also provided large Crystal bottled water even though they purchase their regular water from the city and it was safe to drink. A very nice perk.

I would highly recommend this place. Nice staff, super location and excellent A/C!!

Room Tip: Penthouse is the best, only 1 more flight to the rooftop
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

For the price and location, CayeReef is a nice place to stay. It's a 5 minute walk from the center of "town" but close to the split, which is the best place for swimming. The rooms are big, have nice balconies and are well air conditioned, but the furniture is dated relative to the rest of the property and my bed sheets had lots of stains on them, which I wouldn't mind at one of the island hostels but for this place was a little disappointing. Outside, the pool and roof deck were both great. If you need a pool to cool off, this is one of the better options on the island. The hot tub wasn't hot but that didn't matter much to me.

The SCAM. So this isn't a huge deal but the owner should know better than to scam her customers. Basically, after I booked my room I got an email saying they would meet me at the airport and take me to the ferry for $25 (US) which is the same price of a cab -- this is true and so I didn't hesitate. What I didn't know is that they actually were charging $25 EACH to me and 3 other unsuspecting people and I had to wait 45 minutes outside the airport with driver so he could fill his van. Because of this, I had to wait for the next ferry to Caulker and effectively could have taken a taxi alone for the same price. To top it off, when I arrived at Caulker and had no idea where the place was there was no one from the hotel there to greet me, as had been promised, which was confusing/annoying. I really expected more from a place where everyone was so friendly.

Also, they double charged by credit card for the room though I assume this was just an honest mistake.

All in all, a good place to stay on Caulker but don't get duped by the taxi scam--pay for your own and get to the water taxi as fast as you can -- no reason to spend any extra time in Belize City.

Room Tip: Second and third floor rooms have better views of the sea.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
StuartHH, Owner at CayeReef, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I am sorry to hear that the taxi service was not to your expectation. The taxi driver was wholly independent of CayeReef and we gain no commission or other benefit from arranging a taxi to meet our guests. I expect missing the ferry was the reason you were not met on the Caye; though I trust you caught one of the many golf cart taxi drivers the short drive to CayeReef.
Cerritos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had reservations for four nights and extended one more night that is how ,much we loved the place! The condos are wonderful! The staff is outstanding! We were in the top unit No. 5 and when we entered on our first day we were in awe of the view and the space. The staff arranged bikes for us the first day and we rode all over the island. The place is close to everything. The location can't be beat! The two bedroom condo was beautiful, clean and comfortable. They provided a cell in case we needed anything from the staff? Free Wifi was efficient and reliable. We sat on the balcony every day and enjoyed the view and activity going by in the morning and the evening. It was such a treat! Great place to stay if going with friends, another couple, or family. When we come back, and we will, we will stay here.

Room Tip: The top floors are the best! But any room would be wonderful!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

If you want to get away while still having all of the convenience of home, this is it! This was our first trip to Belize and was prompted by my sisters wedding. We reserved the whole of CayeReef (Six independent suites with two rooms each) and had an amazing experience.

The rooms are well maintained, with full kitchen facilities, internet access (not that you'll really want it except to update facebook and make your friends jealous!), multiple bathrooms, and very easy access to the beach!

The roof-top hot-tub is amazing. The views from the top are... wow... and then there's the pool which the kids loved (when they weren't at the beach...)

All-in-all, I couldn't suggest a better place to stay especially if you've never been to Belize before. Now... if you're a regular and like to get closer to the locals, there might be alternatives but for my money, this is the place!

Room Tip: If stairs aren't an issue, get a higher room. Views are great! Otherwise, all the rooms are ve...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
StuartHH, Owner at CayeReef, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Thanks for the terrific review Andrew F. I know it is usually easier to complain than complement so it is great to get your pat on the back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caye Caulker
Rainbow Hotel
Rainbow Hotel
#10 of 20 in Caye Caulker
4.0 of 5 stars 77 reviews

Been to CayeReef? Share your experiences!