“Great ceviche, good other dishes” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Montrose, Colorado, United States
“Great ceviche, good other dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This restaurant had the best ceviche, and other dishes were good too. But it's hard to order something else when your favorite is great and reasonable. For a mere $22 BZE you can indulge in this generous regional mix of fish, lobster and shrimp. Leave the conch out as it sometimes has the texture of rubber bands. Street adjacent seating permits a rich people watching experience, and free wifi lets you stay connected too.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Victoria, Canada
“decent place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We ate breakfast there twice. The food and service were both very good. It seems that in Caye Caulker most places have a good similar breakfast.

Visited January 2014
Magog, Canada
“Good value for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Dropped in for our last dinner on the island.
We went for the day's special. The fish was not very fresh but the food was ok in general.
The choices are fine and the prices quite reasonable. Nice outdoor sitting area. Friendly staff.
Dinner for 2 plus 4 drinks was BEZ52 including taxes. Good deal.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southern California
“Not a good breakfast choice...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I decided to try this place for breakfast. I was met by a surly man who barked "Self serve, self serve," when I inquired about coffee. A pleasant waitress arrived at my table not long after I got myself a cup of coffee and she apologized for not being at the restaurant when I arrived.

I ordered an omelet and hash browns and waited... and waited... and waited. I totally get "island time" but this was extreme and I was the only customer at the restaurant!

The coffee was undrinkable -- think very cheap American drip. My omelet of spinach, mushrooms [canned!] and cheese was bland and oily and the side of hash browns was absolutely uncooked.

The waitress never came back to the table after she brought my food. When I went inside to pay, the waitress was eating and seemed quite irritated that I wanted to pay my bill.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good Brunch with WiFi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Thursday morning, September 12, brunch. Westside of Avenida Hicaco. Stopped here because it was open and our “taxi” driver recommended it. We had a yummy lobster omelet and a snapper burger, with screw driver and a pina colada. There was a big coffee brewer and it was really good coffee. We asked and the waiter said “Maxwell House.”

• Visited September 2013