“Best Chinese Food I ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
New York City, New York
“Best Chinese Food I ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have travelled to China and other places but this was the best Chinese food I ever had. They made everything with a Caribbean Flavor.

Visited July 2012

Atlanta, GA
“Just average takeout.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Everyone told us how good the food was at Chan's. I was a little disappointed when I got my lunch. I ordered the fried chicken and fries. Everything is made to order, so it takes a little while to get your food. The chicken tasted like it was cooked in old oil, that had the flavors of all the other foods in it (such as fish). The fries were a little underdone. But the fresh orange juice was the best, it tasted like you were eating an orange. I would skip it, it was pricey for what you got.

Visited January 2013
Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Perfect place to grab breakfast especially on a budget. Good food, fast service and excellent prices. Can't beat it!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sunnyvale, California
“Hole in the Wall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Ok, so we were a little skeptical when we first got here, but I've been to hole in the wall places before and they usually have the best food. And you will not be disappointed. Mrs. Chan cooks a mean fried chicken. We went here at least 3 times to eat her fried chicken and chicken fried rice. Oh, and her strawberry shakes reminded me of the shakes I had growing up in Hawaii (the strawberry Nestles kind) Friendly service and good food for a good price. While you're waiting for your food, go across the street to their market where you can get almost anything you forgot at home (including itching creme) :-)

Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Cheap and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We ate at Chan's almost every night because it was super cheap, the portions were big and the food was great. We had the vegetable fried rice every time, but saw A LOT of people ordering the fried chicken. We would get it to go, grab a beer and head back to our hostel to eat it on the hammocks. So good!

I think the fried rice was only $4bz. If you're on a budget, you can't go wrong with Chans!
It's off the main road close to the bank.

• Visited October 2012