We just returned from what started out as a rough trip, we were delayed a day due to New Jersey winter weather but once on the island we couldn't have been more pleased. Our transfer was waiting for us at the airport, brought us straight to the hotel where the front desk attendant (I think Amelia was her name) was extremely helpful and pleasant. Any questions we had she and the other staff members were more than happy to help us out with.
Our room was great, #302, just the right size for my husband and I. The location was perfect, within walking distance of everything! They have a restaurant on site with great food and service and their own dock where we were picked up daily for our dives.
The room had air conditioning but the 2 vents shot cold air directly on the couch and bed which got to be a bit much after a few minutes.
Being that we are divers it was very convenient that they had a rinse bucket on site and the large balcony off of our room was mostly in the sun which made for a great place to lay out our gear to dry after a day of diving.
We used their laundry service for our "winter" clothes to wear back home, they were supposed to be back by 5:00pm the same day but didn't get back till 8:00am the following morning so don't wait till the last minute if you are going to do the same. The clothes were still a little damp when they were returned to us but not to the point that they were unwearable.
Maid service came daily and did a great job. Towels were replaced daily without us asking, a lot of resorts/hotels on the islands do every other day to conserve water.
Don't go while Carnival is going on if you like quiet evenings and limited children. The children run wild in the streets painting each other and mostly everyone in their path and the whole town is very active and loud.
All in all we enjoyed our stay here and would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SunBreeze Suites central location has been one of the top choices for visitors in “la Isla Bonita” San Pedro, Belize. This Resort with only 20 one bedroom seafront suites offers a tranquil, and laidback, atmosphere in addition to stunning views of the Caribbean Sea and the largest barrier reef in the western hemisphere – 8 Oceanfront suites and 12 Ocean view suites, all suitable for families, friends and couples that are looking forward to spend a fun vacation full of activities, or just sitting back on the beach relaxing while sipping a tropical drink and gently being caressed by the refreshing sea-breeze. The easy access to a variety of local and gourmet restaurants, souvenir shops, art galleries, and entertainment provides SunBreeze Suites’ guests convenience and memoirs of a lifetime of our unique multi-cultural Island. Amenities include: pool, restaurant & bar, reception, tour desk, dock, Free WiFi. All Suites are non-smoking. Jambel Jerk Pit Restaurant & Bar offers a fusion of Belize’s signature flavors with the perfect blend of Jamaican Cuisine. Carefully selected spices are utilized which are sure to tantalize your taste, while the exceptional aroma awakes you! Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm daily). Offering “All you can eat buffet on Wednesday with live music from 6:00pm to 9:30pm and Happy hour on Fridays from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Belize Dive Connection” a well known and respected dive operation for over 15 years now, expanding to our sister property, SunBreeze Hotel, just an 8 minute stroll away, provides The SunBreeze Suites’ guests with safe and professional diving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your SunBreeze Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbreeze Hotel San Pedro
- Sunbreeze Resort San Pedro
- SunBreeze Suites Belize/San Pedro