Spending a week here via a Groupon based deal in the off season was certainly good value.
First thing to remember is that this is not a hotel, it is a let of an apartment that some will be timesharing. The difference between this and a hotel is that all the front desk services of a hotel are not necessarily present, however the benefit is you get a fully equipped apartmenent (kitchen etc).
The staff are friendly and accomodating, and can help with tours. The apartment was clean and well equipped and the TV had US cable channels in English. There is WIFI at the bar but not in the rooms (no big deal walking to the bar area). The bar is small but friendly and a really pleasant location to chat with other holiday makers, and residents.
There are two sides to Ambergris Caye - Beach and Lagoon - this is the lagoon side and the water is fundamentally a pond - it can smell a little and tends more towards mosquitos (you will want to use DEET 30%).
This is all part of a developing country... get used to it that is why you are on holiday here for such a great price! Its a fantastic experience and so long as you can roll with some surprises (e.g. a iguana strolling by, a 5 minute power cut etc) you will love it.
The only negative is the location - you will need a golf cart to get around and it is 2.50USD to cross a small toll bridge into the main town area. While it is walkable it is not feasible in the heat. Remember to add the cost of a golf kart to your cost estimates (around 40USD a day minimum).
- Also Known As:
- Reef Village Hotel San Pedro
- Reef Village Hotel
- Reef Village Resort Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reef Village Resort - one of the most beautiful places in the country offering luxury condos and villas with up to 4 bedrooms at reasonable rates among some of the finest amenities on the island, restaurant with delicious local and Intl. cuisine, bar and pool on a cool island in the middle of the lagoon. Incredible packages and tour offerings ensure your Belize vacation will exceed your expectations of luxury, comfort, adventure and fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Reef Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.