“Excellent resort, accommodating staff, planning my return trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of X'tan Ha Resort

You added X'tan Ha Resort to your Saves list
X'tan Ha Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   PO Box 1 | 7.2 Miles North, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize (Formerly Belize Legacy Beach Resort)   |
Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #14 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Detroit, Michigan
“Excellent resort, accommodating staff, planning my return trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Not sure where to begin about the experience here. I thoroughly enjoyed this place from the minute the staff met us on the dock with a wheel-barrow to take our luggage until the minute they sadly loaded it back onto the water taxi a week later. The entire resort staff was extremely friendly, and we knew most of their names by the end of the week and they always seemed genuinely happy to help. The resort itself is the perfect size for a relaxing get-away and even though it was supposedly full the entire week we were there, it never once felt over crowded.
Some of the recreational water equipment was out of order, but it wasn't a major drawback as there was still plenty to do.

The restaurant is great, and by island standards, not too pricey. We took the water taxi to two of the other restaurants along the coast for dinner during the week. The front desk was happy to call and get us reservations for the the restaurant and the water taxi and it all worked seamlessly. However the best meal of the trip was the beach barbecue following our reef-fishing excursion (tour company shares the dock with the resort). After returning from a morning of fishing, they had our catch grilled up with fresh vegetables and ready to eat within 45 minutes... it's a must.

Unfortunately the sea-grass made an appearance almost daily during our stay, but it affects every resort on the island, and the staff did everything they could to clear the beach quickly, and to keep it clean throughout the day. Honestly, I was amazed that even the workers who were shoveling seaweed for hours in 90 degree heat still seemed happy to be there. This brings me to my last point, the general manager is a great guy and goes out of his way to make sure that every guest enjoys their stay. We got to know him over the course of the week, and on our final day he walked us out to the water taxi and gave us a few small parting gifts (Belikin beer mug, local belizean rum).

Room Tip: Even the pool-view rooms have a great view of the water. Every room has a balcony facing out toward...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a very nice place to stay. The room was excellent, clean and well taken care of. Smaller resort means no lineups at the pool. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay there very pleasurable. Chris, the evening manager made sure my wife and I had a great honeymoon. The resort is about 8 miles from San Pedro so water taxi is required to go into town. But we felt that was part of the charm of the island. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room we had was right on the water, however WiFi was not able to get to the room as it was almost th...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Castleton, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We are currently booking our THIRD trip to X'Tan Ha! This time we will be bringing friends along for their first trip ever outside the US. X'Tan Ha excels at privacy, staff friendliness and cleanliness. Never a bad experience with the water in our room and the beach is always meticulous. The bartenders can't do enough for you, and Hill at No-Worries tours cannot be beat. Oliver and Della, the managers, are like your family from back home. We will continue to vacation at X'Tan Ha and are counting down the days (82!) until we arrive back on the resort. The one and only negative is that the cable is in and out, but you're on vacation, so who really cares!!

Ken & Barbie from Vermont!! can't wait to see you all again!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This review is long over due. My husband and I stayed here during Thanksgiving of 2014.
Our stay was quite comfortable. All the furnishings were much nicer then I expected. They bed was FABULOUS! There were a few very rainy days and let me tell you, I enjoyed laying in bed listening to the rain fall. It was sooooo relaxing.
Location is great in that is very close to "Mexican rocks" a GREAT snorkeling spot. The reef surrounds this part of the island so its also a good place to grab a kayak and go exploring.
Bikes are available to go to town or to check out the neighboring hotels. (The hotels to the north were a bit dead which made me even more happy for our choice of Xtan Ha.)
There is a nice beach bar at the hotel. We spent a lot of time chllin out there. We ordered lunch in between our beach play. Drinks could have had a little more umph but all in all it was a cool spot. Some people even walked over from the neighboring hotel. They loved our beach bar. The bartenders were really friendly to chat it up with too.
During our visit the beach did have lots of grass but this didn't bother us. We just jumped off the pier and into the beautiful water. But the staff do work hard to keep it clear. We watched them work for hours and hours one day.
The restaurant is awesome...truly. I wasn't disappointed with any of my meals and we ate most of them there. We ordered room service a few nights. They brought it to us with a smile, came in and even set the table for us!

One day I had a really nasty fall (on a pier down the beach) and gashed my leg open. When I got back to Xtan Ha the front desk staff really took care of me! They cleaned out my wound and bandaged me up and then they escorted me to the doctor in town. That was awesome!! Everyday when they would see me they would ask me how I am doing.
That's why I say the staff is like family. When we left for home a couple staff and the Manager came out to the pier and gave hugs goodbye.
I left that place with such a great feeling!
I would definitely be back and I would definitely recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Splurge for the ocean front! 2A!!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This resort is nice and private, pretty rooms that are large and well eqipped/free bottled drinking water, great staff, water access directly to swim from the beach (which is rare and a plus because seems like most resorts on the coast are protected by sea grass so you can't swim directly in front of the resort). What we didn't like was the room bathing and faucet water smelled like rotten seaweed or something and the adjacent walking path that leads south was heavily littered with trash (smelly seaweed piled up too but it was that time of year). I understand they have trouble with their well right now but are working on fixing the issue. I would just double check if their well has been fixed before you go.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at X'tan Ha Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We are so sorry that you encountered an issue during your stay and hope that those guests staying with us now will soon post positive reviews and help us inform our guests, past, present and future, that our water system has been improved. We also hope that you will give us another chance and experience these improvements for yourself. Thank you again for staying with us, your patronage and your feedback is important to us.
trip advisor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My daughter and I stayed here after her church mission trip in Belize to unwind and process. It was a great place for rest and relaxation.....complimentary water taxi to a few other resort restaurants.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We found this resort to be a perfect slowdown at the end of our trip to Belize. Service was exceptional and the units are large and we'll equipped. The restaurant, although casual, was great. Only reason for removal of one star is the somewhat dated interior of the room. But don't worry, you'll find yourself on the beach, or in the water a majority of the time. The location also allows you to take advantage of amenities at their sister resort and you can also grab dinner at some of the nicer resorts on the island. You make reservations and a water taxi from the restaurant will come pick you up!! Nothing better than a nighttime boat ride under the stars before an amazing meal!

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to X'tan Ha Resort? Share your experiences!