Not sure where to begin about the experience here. I thoroughly enjoyed this place from the minute the staff met us on the dock with a wheel-barrow to take our luggage until the minute they sadly loaded it back onto the water taxi a week later. The entire resort staff was extremely friendly, and we knew most of their names by the end of the week and they always seemed genuinely happy to help. The resort itself is the perfect size for a relaxing get-away and even though it was supposedly full the entire week we were there, it never once felt over crowded.
Some of the recreational water equipment was out of order, but it wasn't a major drawback as there was still plenty to do.
The restaurant is great, and by island standards, not too pricey. We took the water taxi to two of the other restaurants along the coast for dinner during the week. The front desk was happy to call and get us reservations for the the restaurant and the water taxi and it all worked seamlessly. However the best meal of the trip was the beach barbecue following our reef-fishing excursion (tour company shares the dock with the resort). After returning from a morning of fishing, they had our catch grilled up with fresh vegetables and ready to eat within 45 minutes... it's a must.
Unfortunately the sea-grass made an appearance almost daily during our stay, but it affects every resort on the island, and the staff did everything they could to clear the beach quickly, and to keep it clean throughout the day. Honestly, I was amazed that even the workers who were shoveling seaweed for hours in 90 degree heat still seemed happy to be there. This brings me to my last point, the general manager is a great guy and goes out of his way to make sure that every guest enjoys their stay. We got to know him over the course of the week, and on our final day he walked us out to the water taxi and gave us a few small parting gifts (Belikin beer mug, local belizean rum).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a tranquil, luxurious and romantic destination at X'tan Ha Resort, located just 7.2 Miles North of San Pedro Town. This truly exotic, tropical resort offers one bedroom suites, with spacious kitchens and living areas. Each villa offers a private verandah overlooking the pristine Caribbean Sea. X'tan Ha offers complimentary water sports- kayaks, paddle boards, paddle boat, hobie cat sailing, and a water trampoline.X'tan Ha offers complimentary transfers upon arrival/departure from/to San Pedro town upon arrival and departure. Please contact us the resort to schedule your transfers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your X'tan Ha Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belize Legacy Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel Belize Legacy Beach
- X'Tan Ha Resort Belize/San Pedro