This will be long-winded, but informative, so bear with me.
-The beach is the only swimmable beach in San Pedro that I saw, so a lot of people from other resorts would pay to come to X'Tan Ha for the day. The water is so turquoise and beautiful, and was like a big swimming pool. Amazing.
-The staff is very friendly. Everyone we came across genuinely wanted to make our stay as pleasant as it could be. Shout out to Elder, Obi, Alex, Betty, and Richard. Cool kids, y'all are.
-There are as many or as little things to do as you want. Kayaks, paddle boards/boats, snorkeling, guided tours, ethnic night, bonfire, bicycles, you name it, it was available. Or, you could lay in the hammock on your deck and read. The bar will stay open until the last people leave. If you're looking for a dance party, you should stay somewhere else because that's not what X'Tan Ha is about.
-The rooms are fantastic. King-size beds, kitchen with eat-in area, cook top, fridge, toaster, microwave, and coffee maker, the aforementioned deck with a hammock, a table and chairs, and, if you pay for it (which I recommend), the most incredible sea view you've ever seen.
- The other patrons. The resort is small, so you see the same people. I'm not a sociable person, by any means, but it's cool to see where everyone traveled from and get to know them. I've never had that experience anywhere else, so that was pretty neat.
- As a vegetarian, I found the food choices extremely limited, and expensive, and nothing to write home about. I will admit that I'm a picky eater, and my wife loved everything she ate, so take it for what it's worth. Be prepared to spend at least $40 for lunch and $50 for dinner for two people. My suggestion would be to find Winston at the dock when you arrive in San Pedro and have him take you to a grocery store so you can stock up before you head to the resort. There is also a little grocery store 3 miles from the resort that you can get to by bicycle, but the store in town in San Pedro has a little more variety.
- The power went out three times during our stay. The staff didn't seem too concerned by this, and we learned that this isn't an unusual thing. It's a pretty safe bet that if it's a windy day, the power will go out at some point. I think this is just a consequence of living on an island, so I won't fault the resort for this one. It was usually back on within a few hours.
- My wife wanted more sugar and creamer for her coffee, and she didn't get it until the next day. That was rough. Also, we had to ask twice for another 5 gallon jug of water for the room, but that also coincided with one of the power outages so I chalk that one up to the guy we asked having more important things to do first. I ain't mad about it.
- Mosquitoes will want to eat your flesh. Bring bug spray and use it, especially at dawn and dusk. Also, if you're scared of reptiles of any kind, well, stay at home. You're in the jungle, after all. We named all the ones we came across. Special shout out to Lazlo, Larry, and Lenny the lizards, and Gertrude the gecko.
-The sun is HOT. Not a con, by any means, because isn't that why we're in Belize? But be prepared. Bring sunscreen, and use it in abundance. Don't assume that being under an umbrella is sufficient, because the sun WILL reflect off the water and burn you to a crisp. Slather it on, people.
Overall, I loved the resort and the people. My one main suggestion would be to provide more vegetarian/vegan meal options, but, aside from that, I can't complain at all. Della and Oliver, the resort managers, are very friendly and will do whatever it takes to make your stay unforgettable. Keep up the good work, X'Tan Ha!
- Also Known As:
- Belize Legacy Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Belize Legacy Beach Hotel
- Hotel Belize Legacy Beach
- X'Tan Ha Resort Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a tranquil, luxurious and romantic destination at X'tan Ha Resort, located just 7.2 Miles North of San Pedro Town. This truly exotic, tropical resort offers one bedroom suites, with spacious kitchens and living areas. Each villa offers a private verandah overlooking the pristine Caribbean Sea. X'tan Ha offers complimentary water sports- kayaks, paddle boards, paddle boat, hobie cat sailing, and a water trampoline.X'tan Ha offers complimentary transfers upon arrival/departure from/to San Pedro town upon arrival and departure. Please contact us the resort to schedule your transfers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Travelocity so you can book your X'tan Ha Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.