“Best dive shop on the island” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 75 Activities in San Pedro
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1987, Amigos Del Mar is a SSI and SDI resort facility which specializes in full-service diving, instruction, snorkeling, and fishing expeditions and is ideally situated in the heart of San Pedro Town. Our boats provide a convenient complimentary pick-up service at most of the island's major hotel docking establishments. We provide local diving expeditions on a daily basis starting with two dives at 9 am and two afternoon dives commencing at 1 pm. Night dives are also available upon request. In addition to the local diving excursions, trips to Belize's renowned offshore atolls including Turneffe, "The Elbow", Turneffe North, and The Great Blue Hole situated at Lighthouse Reef are also available. All offshore packages are full day excursions which consist of three dives and include continental breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks.
Dallas, Texas
“Best dive shop on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

I had a wonderful experience with Amigos del Mar. They made the dive trip to the Blue Hole so much fun and I felt very safe with them, as I went on the day-long dive trip alone. I would highly recommend them for not only a great diving trip but a fun time!

San Pedro, Belize
5 attraction reviews
“Marciano rocks...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

Just got certified with Amigos del Mar and these guys are awesome. Very professional, totally flexible with my schedule and friendly, if you want to learn to dive, pick Marciano. He's a great guy and a great teacher. Makes everything fun. They came to pick me up every morning, dropped me off every day and always had water, fresh fruit and coconut for snacking. I wouldn't go anywhere else in San Pedro.

Indiana
“The Best of the Best for diving in San Pedro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2006

I have spent over a month in the last year diving with Amigos Del Mar is San Pedro and I am heading back again next month. Amigos Del Mar is the only group I would recommend on the island. I'm sure the others are good but if you are looking for the BEST go with Amigos Del Mar. The dive masters are the best on the island and for those of you who don't have/or take your own equipment you are looking at the group with the best maintained equipment on the island! I would also highly advise anyone who is doing an all day day dive (ie, the Blue Hole or Tourneffe) to go with no other group as these dives are as far away as 60 miles off shore and ADM has the best and most comfortable boats for these types of trips. Also, these dives are much deeper (>130 feet for the Blue Hole) and are much more technical than the reef dives so you want to make sure that you are going with the best dive masters on the island! I hope you enjoy diving with this group as much as I have!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Great experience with Amigos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2006

Like many new divers, I wanted a fun and safe diving experience. I went with Amigos Del Mar and loved it. I was debating whether I should get certified in Belize or back at home in san francisco. Although, getting certified in Belize is more expensive, I recommend it! I visited in June and the water was pefect and there were so many things to see underwater. Ask for Jim, he was my instructor for the open water certification. He was great. He is a dive master which means he teaches dive instructors and he's got 10 years of experience! He is a really nice guy and explains everything in a very easy to understand format. He was able to anticipate my questions and concerns. Jim is very watchful when you first go down underwater making sure you're okay. Once he starts leading the group, he will be in the front, so you rely on your buddy alongside you to make sure you're okay. It takes 3 days to get certified. Buy the manual beforehand so you can read it back at home. the first day consisted of watching DVDs, which took a couple of hours. the next two days were the open water dives and confined water dives. At the end, there will be two tests. If you've done your reading, you should be fine. Everyone at Amigos were very friendly and they don't really stress about anything. I also went snorkeling with them as well. they all have pretty laid back personalities.