“Wonderful day trip to Blue Hole” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 75 Activities in San Pedro
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1987, Amigos Del Mar is a SSI and SDI resort facility which specializes in full-service diving, instruction, snorkeling, and fishing expeditions and is ideally situated in the heart of San Pedro Town. Our boats provide a convenient complimentary pick-up service at most of the island's major hotel docking establishments. We provide local diving expeditions on a daily basis starting with two dives at 9 am and two afternoon dives commencing at 1 pm. Night dives are also available upon request. In addition to the local diving excursions, trips to Belize's renowned offshore atolls including Turneffe, "The Elbow", Turneffe North, and The Great Blue Hole situated at Lighthouse Reef are also available. All offshore packages are full day excursions which consist of three dives and include continental breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 attraction reviews
“Wonderful day trip to Blue Hole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

From the start our trip with Amigos was the best. It is a long trip but there was food and drink the entire day. The ride out to the Blue Hole is really long and quite bumpy, but, the guides prepared us for the experience and did everything they could to make us comfortable. Our snorkel guide was Maverick and he made us all feel comfortable and safe throughout the snorkels. He was extremely knowledgeable about the sea life. Lunch at Half Moon Caye was extra fun because the island is full of HUGE hermit crabs as well as nests of Red footed Boobies. After our last snorkel/dives, the crew cranked the music, handed out Snickers and the rum began to flow. What a fun way to end a long day! I loved my experience with Amigos Del Mar!

Visited July 2014

GA
3 attraction reviews
“Diving with Bottom Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My friend and I had not dived in 10 years and the other lady with us was a new diver. We felt very much at ease with Mike and Alex. We signed up for dive and snorkel the next day. We had an excellent dive master who took his time with us to get our comfort level up. We went back and dove the next day because it was so good. One in our group dived the third day. Good people in a relatively new shop right next to a big operation whom we had already visited and didn't sign up with because of cattle boat (lots of peeps going out at same time) operation.

Lovettsville, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Not a great company to do tours with”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We went to Blue Hole with them and didn't have a great experience. The meal they offered was awful and the crew was neither friendly nor very professional. Really not comparable to Tuff E Nuff

Charlotte, North Carolina
“GREAT PLACE TO BOOK TOURS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My hubby and I visited Belize in June 2014. We booked the ATM caves (which was amazing by the way), cave tubing, and the Belize zoo with the Jaguar encounter through Amigos Del Mar. They were very helpful in arranging everything for us, and provided breakfast, lunch, and drinks throughout the day during our tours. I would highly recommend Amigos Del Mar.

Springboro, Ohio
“Experience of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I loved the trip to the Blue Hole. It was an early start (5:30am!) but they provided a continental breakfast and picked us up at our dock. They helped each passenger onto the large ship and made us feel at ease.

On the way out to the Blue Hole they were taking their jobs seriously, preparing each and every diver/snorkeler. We had an awesome experience diving and snorkeling. The guide (Maverick) was very prepared and the best snorkeling guide I had while in Belize. He helped out those who had never snorkeled before and had extra masks just in case. He showed us all of the fish and knew every single name of each species.

The Blue Hole has beautiful coral and marine life. It is definitely a must do dive/snorkel! Although young (in his 20's), my husband's dive master was attentive and obviously a very experienced diver. You can tell these guys are professionals and have grown up around the ocean! In fact, many of them have been on the ship for over a decade already as a deckhand or whatnot.

We ate lunch on Half Moon Caye (which I wasn't a big fan of) but they had plenty of snacks (PB & J) on the way out and back so I really never got hungry. On the way home the crew was having fun, talking, and played music on the upper deck. Everyone was in good spirits and having an amazing time at sea. Bottom line: one of the best days of my life! I would highly recommend this group. They were professional, fun, and best of all: safe. They treated every person with respect and everyone (even teenagers!) seemed to be having a great time. This is obviously not a trip for small children so I would not recommend taking them along, as it is an all day trip. If you love water, diving and snorkeling you cannot go wrong with this trip. It was an experience of a lifetime.

Great job Amigos!! :)