“blue hole and then some” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 75 Activities in San Pedro
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1987, Amigos Del Mar is a SSI and SDI resort facility which specializes in full-service diving, instruction, snorkeling, and fishing expeditions and is ideally situated in the heart of San Pedro Town. Our boats provide a convenient complimentary pick-up service at most of the island's major hotel docking establishments. We provide local diving expeditions on a daily basis starting with two dives at 9 am and two afternoon dives commencing at 1 pm. Night dives are also available upon request. In addition to the local diving excursions, trips to Belize's renowned offshore atolls including Turneffe, "The Elbow", Turneffe North, and The Great Blue Hole situated at Lighthouse Reef are also available. All offshore packages are full day excursions which consist of three dives and include continental breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks.
Copiague, New York
“blue hole and then some”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Excellent diving operation with vey good dive masters, staff, boats and equipment. Dove the Tackle Box reef and the Tides Canyon with Juan Mata as dive master lots and lots of sharks, then next day dove the blue hole, half moon, and aquarium with Carlitos, as the dive master he was excellent. The entire operation is top shelf and very helpful. The price of the diving is relatively cheap for the area and once you dive you realize it is very cheap for the service you get. Excellent job guys thank you, Tony Peel.

St Paul
“Great dives, fun ride out and experienced, safe crew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Everything about this dive trip was wonderful. I was traveling with non divers so this was the only dive I got to do this trip. I would rate it the best of my dive experiences so far! Food, equipment, dive brief and prep were all excellent. I've been down 100+ feet a few times before but never with sharks so near! However, I felt safe the whole way. It was exhilarating! And the captain used our cameras to take pictures of us posed with the Blue Hole in the background. A nice touch!

Boca Raton, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Amazing Dive Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We did the 32 dive BlueHole trip with Amigos Del Mar & they were awesome. Trip starts really early, but they serve fruits, biscuits, cheese and juice. The staff and dive masters were great. We had Andre's, Alex, Jorge & one other guy, his name escapes me at the moment but it was also a J name.They were personable & very helpful. The boat was big & clean. They provided lots of fruit, sandwiches, snacks & a huge lunch. Then on the way back, so delicious The dives themselves were amazing. Highly recommend this company.

Los Angeles
“Good dive shop, but NO RESPECT FOR SEALIFE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This was our second time to BZ and diving with Amigos. The staff is friendly and their boats are fine. However, as my pictures show, the dive masters will touch, grab, pull, and hold animals underwater. Not cool at all. The master on our dive grabbed and held a turtle and shark, as well as smaller fish.

Visited May 2014
“Great experience as a first time diver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I went to Amigos del Mar to do my open water dives for my certification. After a scary boat ride on the way over to the dive shop (the driver was unsafe and had an awful attitude from the moment he picked us up) I was shaken up and didn't want to go on the dive.

My boyfriend spoke with the management about what happened and explained I didn't feel safe with the staff. Marciano, my instructor, offered to reschedule my trip and took the time to calm me down and explain how my dive would go. He, along with the rest of the staff went above and beyond to ensure I would be safe and that the behavior of this individual wasn't acceptable or company policy. They handled the situation so well that I went from being adamantly against going to excited to try again later in the week.

When I got to the dive shop 2 days later I dealt with the nicest, most professional staff members and went on 2 breathtaking dives. Marciano was always checking on me to make sure I was safe and enjoying myself.

I was thrilled about my experience in the end and was even in touch with the staff after I got back because I left my dive book at the shop. Daisy (I believe she may be a manager) was responsive and helpful in tracking it down and even sent it to me at no charge. I cannot say enough about this staff and would recommend the dive shop to anyone - especially those who are new to diving and need some extra attention!

Visited March 2014