“Perfect..Again!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Reef Villas Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Pelican Reef Villas Resort
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Houston
“Perfect..Again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

For our second trip to Pelican Reef we brought 2 other couples. Everyone had a great time. The first time I was at Pelican Reef the staff went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was excellent. My second time down they did not disappoint.

All of the staff is friendly and know you by name, very professional, and do an excellent job to accommodate you in anyway they can. From the cool towel and drink when you first arrive to booking top notch excursions to a big hug good bye they are all first rate.

Pelican Reef is very clean and I always felt like I was home away form home just better scenery.

No need to look at any other resorts just book it and know you will be taken care of and have a great time. We will be back!!

Room Tip: I prefer the first floor but you can't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We just returned from a one week's stay at Pelican Reef. All I can say is WOW! The resort and the rooms are beautiful. Our condo was on the second floor and overlooked the beach and pier. What a view! Terry and Carlos and the entire staff were amazing. We've traveled a lot and this was just the best. Terry set us up on our two snorkeling trips and the Lamanai Ruins.. All were wonderful, but I agree with Terry and enjoyed Mexico Rocks the best - less crowded and ocean calmer, The fish and coral was beautiful & swan with sting rays. The restaurants recommended by the staff were really good. The staff made our trip just perfect. Belize should be on everyone's bucket list and Pelican Reef Villas is the place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Room number 4 was wonderful with a great view with two second floor balconies overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and it was perfect! It was quiet and relaxing with activities at your fingertips! The staff is so pleasant, anything you need they would provide for you! We cannot wait to go back!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

what a great stay we had at Pelican Reef. The villa's are a 5-6 minute drive from town which is perfect. Taxi's are $10 US or the golf cart rentals are always fun. The condo was very nice. Nice beds, kitchen, living room...etc. The breakfast was good. The staff was super. Terri got everything organized and was extremely nice. Carlos was always there to serve up a nice cold beverage. Can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here for one week and I only wish it could have been longer. The staff is the nicest, most helpful, knowledgeable and hard working I have ever encountered. Anything you want to do, they will help and make arrangements. We did a fishing trip, brought back our catch and the staff prepared it for us. Amazing. I have stayed many places where the rooms look nice on the website, but you end up disappointed upon arrival. Not the case at Pelican Reef. What you see is what you get, if not better. Small things like having bug spray and sunblock on hand for guests to use might seem like a small thing, but attention to details like this make a vacation that much more enjoyable. This is by far the best vacation we have ever had and I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I went to Belize the end of January and stayed at Pelican Reef. We had a fantastic view of the ocean. The beach there is great as is the infinity pool, overlooking the ocean. There is a pool bar:). The staff treated as like family and provided us with anything we needed. Our only complaint was our mattress was very hard:(

• Stayed January 2013
Kemah, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have been to Belize approximately twelve times. This was my first time back in a number of years. I had stayed at Pelican Reef three times before and loved the experience so I decided to return. Gosh I am glad I did.

I used to prefer the north side of the island, but construction in recent years has made the old cart path into a toll road. The south side of the island is now the quiet side and the roads are in fabulous shape as compared to when I first visited Belize in 2005.

The service at Pelican Reef is AWESOME. We were catered to and spoiled. Terry can handle anything in a moments notice and someone is always available to help with any need, concierge or otherwise. The property is meticulously maintained and is quiet at night, but still has comraderie amongst guests. It's an easy jaunt to Caye Chapel for golf, into San Pedro, or just out to snorkeling, diving, and fishing locations.

We had a beachfront unit but there are not any bad units. The kitchen is fully equipped for a gourmet cook. The rooms outstanding and up to spoiled American standard on A/C, linens, cable tv and wifi standards.

Follow this advice: GO TO BELIZE. STAY AT PELICAN REEF. YOU WILL BE HAPPY

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends