I recently spent two lovely nights at Caye Casa. I picked it based on reading the positive TripAdvisor reviews and was not disappointed. I had been staying at Las Terrazas, a resort much further north on Ambergris Caye for a wedding but all of my friends had to head home and I was staying to finish my scuba diving certification. I wanted a smaller place, closer to San Pedro, but a place where I'd feel safe and sound. I knew I'd made the right choice when Julie responded to my email inquiry right away and was further convinced when I arrived fairly exhausted and Shane helped me get checked in and pointed out that there were two complimentary Belikins in the fridge to officially welcome me to Caye Casa. Shane also took care of booking my Tropic Air flight out of San Pedro back to Belize City as well as the taxi arrangements. It really was top notch service all the way around.
I stayed in room 4 which opened up to the small pool area and faces a little garden. It was a large room, especially for just one person, and had both A/C and a ceiling fan which I appreciated. The bathroom was a good size and the only surprises of my stay was that the shower is not separated from the toilet and there wasn't any shampoo which for some reason struck me as odd for a boutique hotel.
I walked into San Pedro both nights (about 10-12 minutes) for dinner and drinks and in the mornings enjoyed breakfast on Caye Casa's dock (cinnamon rolls from the bakery that is a block away and homemade tacos (2 for 1 Belizean dollar) from the little 'deli' a block and a half away. Along the beach there are some fun places to grab drinks - Wayu's and Sandbar especially.
Admittedly, I was a little worried about the dogs making too much noise but it was never a problem and they were quite sweet.
I do hope to come back to Ambergris to do some more diving and if I am lucky I'll get to stay at Caye Casa again. Thanks!
- Also Known As:
- Caye Casa Hotel San Pedro
- Caye Casa Hotel
- Caye Casa Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caye Casa offers boutique lodging on the Caribbean Sea. Convenient, peaceful and private, it is a ten minute leisurely stroll on the beach to the center of San Pedro Town. The three villas, two casitas, and three classic rooms make a big impression with thatch porches, modern amenities, a waterfall pool, the beach and pier. Wooden shutters. Wireless internet. AC. TV. Personalized guest service is the house specialty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Caye Casa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.