We just returned from a stay on Ambergris Caye, Belize. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo at Xanadu Island Resort. Our room was the Seahorse Suite. It was clean and nicely furnished, but if you are expecting 5-star luxury....San Pedro is not the place to find it.
Our condo had plenty of room for my husband and I and another couple. But beware...the "king size" bed is two twins held together with a sheet and the bump together. Other than the beds, the accommodations were fabulous.
The staff was MORE than helpful for our entire trip. In the planning stages Susan answered every question we had, and was always willing to set up excursions, flights from the mainland, and any activities we wanted.
We thought ordering groceries sounded like a great idea, but take our advice only order snacks, beverages and other MUST have items for you personally. The food on the island was EXCELLENT. We never ate at a bad place...the worst food we had was average.
The most disappointment came from the beach. We were forewarned, but I guess we hoped it would be better than people said. You can't swim off the shore...it's just yucky and has lots of sea grass. This is the entire island, not just Xanadu.
If you are a beach lounger or don't love water sport...Ambergris Caye is not for you. If you dive, snorkel, fish or enjoy water sport other than just swimming off the beach...come and enjoy! We had a great time while we were in San Pedro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UNIQUE, BOUTIQUE, TRANQUIL & ROMANTIC Eco-friendly Xanadu Resort lies nestled in the natural vegetation, on the beach overlooking the 2nd largest barrier reef and the Caribbean Sea. Located a mile south of San Pedro, Xanadu is close enough to enjoy the activities of the town yet far enough away to be peaceful and quiet. Green Globe certified, Xanadu takes care of their guests, their staff, their community and their environment. Service excellence combined with the beautiful natural grounds and unique buildings draw guests to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort Belize reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize San Pedro