We did a Mother-Daughter 3 night getaway before heading to the interior and found Xanadu via Trip Advisor and so glad we did. Stayed in the honeymoon suite #2 (last unit left) and it has the best location being ocean front second floor. Room very clean with living room, eating area, kitchen, and full bath on main and bedroom loft and bath with shower via circular staircase up. Nice balcony area with table and 4 chairs and hammock. Views and breezes are incredible from this unit. Wonderful tropical setting with nice pool area and landscaping keeping the balance with nature. Staff here is the best ever so genuinely friendly and willing to do anything to make your stay perfect. We took their recommendation and did the tour pkg although they were more than willing to let us upgrade to the Blue Hole Snorkel all day tour instead of a half day tour. You must do the Blue Hole! Three different snorkel spots each very different and my Mom has snorkeled all over and said this was like everything else rolled into one spot with so many different fish all here. Xanadu only works with reputable tour companies and Lil Alfonse for Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley was the best guide ever! The Amigos Del Mar for the Blue Hole was also fantastic and a great large boat. Xanadu recommended Waraguma downtown for their lobster burritos-don't miss this place! Incredible local food. El Divino short walk S of Xanadu-the best ceviche ever and the medium size comes out on a platter-we had this twice it was so great! Elvies was ok recommended by one of the guides but not our favorite. Rent a golf car if staying is great way to get around we only did it for 8 hours our half day off the water and had a ball touring around- like $45. Free bikes here to tour around are great, too. Highly recommend Xanadu and will definitely come back here again. Thank you Franz, Orlando (especially for picking my Mom up off the ground when she fell off her bike parking it-split a gut laughing all of us) and Ingrid for all of your wonderful service and recommendations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UNIQUE, BOUTIQUE, TRANQUIL & ROMANTIC Eco-friendly Xanadu Resort lies nestled in the natural vegetation, on the beach overlooking the 2nd largest barrier reef and the Caribbean Sea. Located a mile south of San Pedro, Xanadu is close enough to enjoy the activities of the town yet far enough away to be peaceful and quiet. Green Globe certified, Xanadu takes care of their guests, their staff, their community and their environment. Service excellence combined with the beautiful natural grounds and unique buildings draw guests to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort Belize reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize San Pedro