My husband and I stayed at Xanadu with our 2 year old son in January. We also brought our nanny so we got a two bedroom unit. The room was beautiful and quite spacious for the four of us! The property was great because we could bask in the sun and still find plenty of shade for our little guy. As far as beach reviews...there was great sand, lounge chairs and palapa shade on the beach...and one only had to stroll ten paces to the left to walk into clear water. And a nice 15 minute beach walk to Ramon's Village for lunch also brought us to a fantastic beach for swimming. The more shallow wading beaches at Xanadu were perfect for a toddler...and us grown ups loved swimming off the pier. The grounds were great because with all the walking paths, bridges, streams, etc...our toddler was very entertained. He also loved the geckos! The pool was super clean and had a great shallow section for little ones. everything about this resort from the rooms to the grounds to the location on the island is super easy with kids. I do recommend this place for adults too, in fact I think my toddler was only one of three kids there at the time (so it wouldn't be an annoying atmosphere for non kid folks!). We walked, biked and used a golf cart for transportation...I don't think you need a cart the entire time...but for at least part of the stay it is nice to explore with it. We loved Wild Mangos for dinner and the breakfast place right next to Crazy Canucks (Melt maybe?). Food in general was great...including the coffee and banana bread from Marina's market at the resort entrance. The staff made this an A+ review because they were flawlessly friendly! I loved that this place only has 18 rooms...the staff really knew and helped us. The people of Belize seemed genuine overall, and the staff here was no exception. Also...we did a private charter with "el gato"....sailing and snorkeling all day with our toddler...totally amazing....a must do! We stayed here four nights and Caye Caulker 3 nights and it was a perfect Caribbean vacation for those who don't like the overbuilt, overpriced Caribbean islands where you don't get to experience the local culture. Thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UNIQUE, BOUTIQUE, TRANQUIL & ROMANTIC Eco-friendly Xanadu Resort lies nestled in the natural vegetation, on the beach overlooking the 2nd largest barrier reef and the Caribbean Sea. Located a mile south of San Pedro, Xanadu is close enough to enjoy the activities of the town yet far enough away to be peaceful and quiet. Green Globe certified, Xanadu takes care of their guests, their staff, their community and their environment. Service excellence combined with the beautiful natural grounds and unique buildings draw guests to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort Belize reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize San Pedro