We visited Xanadu for 10 days during the Christmas holidays. We had booked in August and the staff (Ingrid and Blanca) were incredibly helpful and informative. Our connecting flight was a bit late, and they called the local airline to ensure we were re-booked.
The trip from Belize City to San Pedro is a short 15 mins. Once we got to the hotel (5 mins from San Pedro airport), it felt like another world...30 seconds walk to the beach, nice heated pool, and clean tropical decor.
Room - we stayed in #8, which was a 2BR suite on the 2nd floor. Even though the hotel did not promote it, there was a gorgeous view of the beach, ocean and pool. The amenities were more than adequate and with an eco-friendly bent. Wi-fi and broad TV selection can keep you connected if needed.
Hotel - great beach access and pool was fine. You cannot swim off the beach due to the seagrass. Our favorite swimming hole and quiet spot was the pier, which had one of the most beautiful and serene views.
Activities - we took the kids (10 and 5) out on the kayaks, and also used the bikes (both complimentary). We did a couple of snorkel trips ... would definitely recommend Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley with Alfonse (organized by hotel). Rent a golf cart for a few hours and visit the north side of the island.
Staff - probably the highlight of our stay. Ingrid and Blanca (front office), Jamel (activities) and Orlando (general) were friendly and helpful. Example - The kids loved fresh coconuts and Orlando would pull them down from the trees. Restaurant recommendations and reservations were excellent. The GM Bev and her husband are phenomenal too.
Miscellaneous - there are a couple of general stores within a 5 min walk. There were plenty of nice restaurants and Ingrid can give you suggestions. Taxis are cheap (US $5 to downtown) and Lelo was our favoriite. Do the chicken drop on Thu if you are there.
Summary - not your traditional westin, hyatt, hilton but warm and friendly...goes with the island vibe. The staff make it special and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UNIQUE, BOUTIQUE, TRANQUIL & ROMANTIC Eco-friendly Xanadu Resort lies nestled in the natural vegetation, on the beach overlooking the 2nd largest barrier reef and the Caribbean Sea. Located a mile south of San Pedro, Xanadu is close enough to enjoy the activities of the town yet far enough away to be peaceful and quiet. Green Globe certified, Xanadu takes care of their guests, their staff, their community and their environment. Service excellence combined with the beautiful natural grounds and unique buildings draw guests to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort Belize reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize San Pedro