We loved the resort for several reasons- the biggest being the friendliness, efficiency and warmth of the staff here. They were very knowledgeable and gave great recommendations for everything. We booked 4 separate tours through them and loved each one. They also made recommendations, dealt with our endless questions, and consistently went out of their way to help. The pool was beautiful and restful with lots of shady places to relax. The grounds are well maintained and natural, and our suite was the perfect size- the AC was amazing, shower hot, and towels and bed always soft and clean. The dock was very nice to be picked up for the tours. We also loved the location- far enough from the heart of town to avoid the noise but only about a mile away, which made for convenient bike rides on the complimentary bikes. We also saw security frequently, and felt very safe for the duration of our stay.
One word of advice- if you go in the "mosquito" season (August-October) bring bug spray and wear it when you go out anywhere. We usually sprayed down thoroughly in the morning before going out for the day and were fine; we then would spray if we went out in the evening for dinner. As long as we did that, we were okay. Forget to spray and the bugs attack! But we really did have a wonderful trip despite the mosquitos since we were diligent with the bugspray. Also during this season, a lot of restaurants close, which was disappointing. But both words of advice are not against the resort at all, just the island in general. Great stay! Highly recommend Xanadu.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Xanadu Island Resort lies hidden on an inviting palm lined beach, overlooking the Caribbean Sea and the Barrier Reef. Just a short walk to San Pedro Town, Xanadu Island Resort is close enough to enjoy the restaurants and other amenities of town, yet far enough from the hustle and bustle to be quiet and relaxed. All 18 of our luxurious condominium suites offer fully equipped kitchens and living/dining areas. Each suite is air conditioned, has cable TV, telephones, complimentary Wi-Fi and ethernet internet access, safes for valuables, hair dryers, IPOD docking stations, beach towels, large shaded decks with table, chairs and hammock overlooking the ocean, pool and/or gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort Belize reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.