This was me and my wife's first trip to Ambergris Caye- We went on the trip with an open mind, not really sure what to expect, other than the beach, the ocean and the sun! When we first arrived, we were very pleased to see how close we were to the water, just steps from our unit. Just to let everyone know- there is no swimming right off the beach. However, all docks are open to the public and they are great to swim/snorkel around. There are also a few spots within walking distance that have a beach you can walk into the water. The staff of Exotic Caye was overly helpful and friendly, and made us feel at home as soon as we arrived. Our room had a perfect view- there are about 5-6 thatched 2 story "houses", each with 2 units on top, 2 on bottom- they all seemed to be angled perfectly, maximizing privacy and optimal view. Because of the way it's set up, its easy to meet other guests at the resort and make friends. The rooms themselves have just about everything you need- living space, kitchen, air conditioned bed room, bath, and deck. Ours even had a loft! Just know that things are very basic, sometimes out dated, but, taking into account that nothing on the island is "fancy", you get used to it quick. Honestly, you just need a little sense of adventure! For us, within 12 hrs we were in love with this place, and irrationally talking about moving to this simple paradise. Another thing that makes Exotic Caye so special is that everything you need is within walking distance- a fruit stand and a grocery store right out back, MELT, an amazing restaurant featuring breakfast and lunch located steps from our room, Crazy Canucks, a great bar featuring live music right on site, and a multitude of different restaurants and bars up and down the beach to explore! The resort is very professionally run and the staff are great. They were very helpful in planning various activities around the island and very accommodating to our every need. The housekeepers did an amazing job at keeping our room clean and homey and were always smiling! The groundskeepers did an awesome job at making the resort look great, along with sharing some enlightening conversations and laughs. Locals on the island are genuinely friendly and helpful- they seem to really want you to enjoy their island as much as they do! My wife and I had an amazing time at Exotic Caye! We would highly recommend it and look forward to our return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exotic Caye Beach Resort is a place full of perfect moments. All suites of Exotic Caye's Resort are set in a tropical ambiance with ocean views. Enjoy the tranquility of a relaxing massage. Soak up the sun. Lounge peacefully in an oceanfront hammock. Smell the fresh air. Dance the night away at Crazy Canuck's Beach Bar, take a Yoga class, workout, snorkel, dive, fish or simply do nothing at all. Our staff makes sure this is a vacation you will never forget! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Otel, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Exotic Caye Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Exotic Caye Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel Exotic Caye Beach
- Exotic Caye Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro