My boyfriend and I just got back from a 6night stay at Belizean Shores and we couldn't have been happier with our stay. For the price for this hotel, the service and experience far exceeded our expectations. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful - everyone from Penny, the fantastic hotel manager, to the bar/restaurant staff, to cleaning staff. We took advantage of almost all of the hotel amenities (bike rental, tennis courts, pool, etc) and had no issues with any of them. Also, one of the great benefits of staying here is that you are also able to utilize the amenities of its more expensive/fancy sister hotel, Coco Beach, which is a 2min walk down the beach.
We especially loved that our room had a fully equipped kitchen which we took advantage of. If I had to think of a downside, the on-site restaurant is only ok so we ended up buying groceries in town and cooking a lot of our meals. As a general rule, since the hotel is a ways away from town, all the food nearby is more expensive so be prepared to pay or go into town and stock up on a few things.
If you're nervous about not being right in town, don't be. San Pedro itself is small and not extremely noteworthy so you'll want to spend most of your time at the resort. The hotel provides a regular water taxi service throughout the day that makes getting to town convenient ($10 USD/roundtrip per person or you can get a 7-day unlimited pass for $40 or a 5-day unlimited pass for $30).
Onsite is also a tour provider, Tuff Enuff, which you can book all of your diving/snorkeling/day trips with which is also very convenient since they operate right off the dock.
Also, there's free wifi throughout the resort but it only really works outside of the rooms, on the deck and in the open areas by the pool. It didn't bother us really since we were there to unplug but just know that the connections in the rooms are essentially nonexistent.
Overall, we HIGHLY recommend Belizean Shores and can't wait to one day return. You won't regret booking this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belizean Shores Resort is the perfect destination for active and adventure travelers. It is a great place to bring the family and have some fun. The resort offers comfortable and affordable pool view and beachfront suites with many amenities to keep the family entertained. It's onsite Excursion Center gives adventure seekers every opportunity to explore the island and the country. After a full day of activities the Blue Hole Pool Bar is a great way to wind down, relax, and enjoy the beautiful swimming pool. Belizean Shores offers complimentary water sports to all guests- kayaks, paddle boards, paddle boat, and water trampoline. It also offers complimentary use of the onsite tennis/basketball court, ping pong tables, beach volleyball, children's swing set, and life sized chess set. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro