three college students stayed in a single, lower-level room for 7 nights for Spring Break in March 2012.
Well worth the money. No complaints.
2) The room:
Spacious and clean, with every amenity we needed. The maids came daily and replaced the towels and made the beds. The room was a perfect size for the three of us. Our room was set up with a queen-sized bed in a bedroom, a living room with two couches that both doubled as queen pullouts, and a full kitchen that was connected to the living room. For reference, we were in the room 5A.
The location was superb for what we were doing, which was predominately scuba diving in the morning and relaxing by the pool (and especially the swim-up pool bar...) in the afternoon. Because a major dive shop ("Tuff E Nuff Tours") is situated on the Belizean Shores' dock/pier, it was literally a 45 second walk from my room to their door. Tuff E Nuff not only did scuba tours, but also was able to make us accommodations for other onshore activities. Whenever we wanted to leave the resort to go into town, there was an easy water taxi that only cost 5 USD and took 5 minutes. I am happy that we chose to stay a little bit outside of San Pedro, because even though we sometimes got the 'resort price' at other restaurants and places nearby on the beach, the safety/comfort factor was a very nice thing to have late at night, because the city gets sketchy in parts at night. The resort also had security patrolling the premises at night for added protection.
4) Demographic of other visitors:
As college students, we were definitely at the young end of the spectrum of clientele. There was frankly a little bit of everything though, from families with kids, to older folks just looking to live it up. Everybody was friendly. Also, never did I feel like there were too many people at the resort.
5) The pool:
Although, as college students, we did frequent the bar daily, the atmosphere around the pool was one of relaxation; it certainly was not a rowdy crowd. That is not to say that many of the other visitors weren't willing to do the occasional shot with us though. The pool itself is awesome, and was a huge selling point on why we chose this resort. We were not let down. The layout is conducive to letting the different types of clients do as they please without getting in the way of others. For example, the main area of the pool is separated from a back, deeper area (where the pool bar resides), by two channels of water. Though you can easily go back and forth between the two without exiting the water, I found that these narrowed areas acted as a natural barrier between the large part of the pool, where the families resided, and where those who were drinking stayed. We spent a LOT of time in the pool and have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. The hot tub also rocks.
6) The staff:
Friendliest people you will ever meet. If anyone has ANYTHING poor to say about the employees at the Belizean Shores, I will be extremely surprised. We had flawless service.
I've never been a big fan of resorts but the Belizean Shores absolutely changed my mind. This resort rocks and I would go back in a heartbeat. I have no critiques to give the resort and highly recommend it to everyone. It is a fabulous place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belizean Shores Resort is the perfect destination for active and adventure travelers. It is a great place to bring the family and have some fun. The resort offers comfortable and affordable pool view and beachfront suites with many amenities to keep the family entertained. It's onsite Excursion Center gives adventure seekers every opportunity to explore the island and the country. After a full day of activities the Blue Hole Pool Bar is a great way to wind down, relax, and enjoy the beautiful swimming pool. Belizean Shores offers complimentary water sports to all guests- kayaks, paddle boards, paddle boat, and water trampoline. It also offers complimentary use of the onsite tennis/basketball court, ping pong tables, beach volleyball, children's swing set, and life sized chess set. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro