“Great little place to visit and hang out!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 126 Restaurants in San Pedro
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner
Description: Coco Loco’s Beach Bar is your first stop north of the bridge on Ambergris Caye! We’re open from noon to 10 pm daily. We’ve got a beautiful view and fun and games including free wi-fi, swim up pool bar, bocce on the beach, Monday cribbage tournament at 4 pm and Tuesday Nite Trivia at 7 pm. We serve delicious pizzas and pulled pork sandwiches.
North Carolina
“Great little place to visit and hang out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Steve and Sue Blair operate a wonderful little beach bar right on the Caribbean. My husband and I always felt welcome and at home here while we were living on San Pedro. The bar is poolside, so you can swim or sit on the pool seats while you sip some good rum or other beverages. Weekly Truvia games, card games and every few month pot lucks are very enjoyable as well!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Steinbach, Canada
“Great place to meet new friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

What a great bar. Steve and Sue (Heather Graham) do an excellent job. You have to be there for their weekly crib tournament. It meant so much to me because they and the people that played weekly crib there became my personal friends. I will truly miss them all and remember them for the rest of my life. Even if you don't go for the crib you can sit at the swim up bar with all the crazy Canadians. Bartender Rob mixes good drinks and remember to tip your waiter. Sue is a good Ukranian girl and needs to serve perogies, but in the meantime you can have a nice pizza. If you don't make Coco Locos a part of your Belize experience it's your loss.
Thanks again for making my trip so worthwhile.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome Relaxed Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I are staying across the street from Coco Loco's Bar........we are so happy it is so handy for us. Every time we walk in we are greeted by either Steve or Sue and Marlon is ready to serve us up a frosty cold Belikin beer. We enjoy all the patrons whether they be living on the island or just vacationing they are all so friendly, never a shortage of great laughs and conversation. The crib night and trivia nights are a lot of fun and draw good crowds. One of the most enjoyable things is being able to get into the pool and get refreshed while at the swim up bar (the only one I know of on the island)....it is so fun! I read a review from somebody having a bad experience and that is too bad. I don't know who would of been so miserable to you but I have never seen anyone be miserable like that...(sounds like you caught somebody having a bad day) as well Marlon the bartender has been nothing but great whenever we have been there. I have seen him on several occasions introduce himself to newcomers and proceed to give them good local information.

Our favourite little spot on the island....the view is awesome and when there is a full moon WOW IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :) The pizza is great too!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great relaxing beach bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

If you want a great chill out bar on the beach this is it. Steve and Sue are very welcoming and you can sit and the bar or swim up from the pool. Well worth the short trip north of the bridge. A great way to spend an afternoon.

Visited March 2014
Minneapolis, MN
“Swim up bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We enjoyed a drink at the swim up bar and found the prices to be the best on the island (we paid less for two drinks here than one drink in other locations). The bartender was really friendly and the clientele was all expats living on the island (a bit of an older crowd) and not tourists who dominated the bar next door. We found this to be a nice change but if you are looking to connect with travelers, this is not the place for you.

There is nothing better on a hot day in Belize than sitting in the cool water with a drink!

• Visited March 2014