“Fantastic Family Day!!” 5 of 5 stars

+501 226-2706
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Amigos Del Mar dive shop has now opened a mainland department. We now offer: Cave Tubing, Zip lining, Xunantunich Mayan ruins, Lamanai river tours, A.T.M. Caves, Tikal Day Trips, Crystal Caves, any jungle combo we will do in Belize. We are now Called Amigos Jungle Tours.
Sherwood Park, Canada
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Fantastic Family Day!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently did the 3 in 1 day trip with Amigos Jungle Tour...definitely one of the many highlights from our trip to Ambergris Caye! I had done some research on tripadvisor about the different companies we could use and I decided to go with Amigos Jungle Tours based on their tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed!

Gerson was fantastic to deal with!! He was professional and helpful in every way! Carlos, our actually guide, was passionate about sharing about his country and his culture. I echo what other people have said about this tour company. They picked us up at our private dock at our villa and took care of us the entire time. Every aspect of this tour was well done, professional and safe.

As a family, we all enjoyed different aspects of the tour. My favourite was the ruins, my teenaged sons enjoyed the zip-line and my husband enjoyed the cave tubbing. It is well worth paying the extra to go to the mainland by plane. We can't wait to go back to Ambergris Caye and we would definitely use Gerson and Amigos Jungle Tours again!

Visited December 2012

Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Execellent Tour Group!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Me and my friend did the full day tour of the Mayan Ruins at Xunantunich and the cave tubing. First we were picked up at our dock at our hotel where we then taken to their dock where they had a breakfast waiting for us. The staff was great and very knowledgeable. The transportation, meals, snacks and guides were top notch. The ruins and the cave tubing is a must if you ever visit Belize and Amigos Jungle Tours made it an amazing experience for us!!

Denver, Colorado
“Full Day Mainland Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Our guides were Hamilton and Jorge for our full-day ruins, zip-linning and water cave tour. My family (wife and two grown children) were in our group along with five other people. All of the activities were entertaining and we had a great time. The arrangements (transportation, meals, snacks, guides) were first class, and on time. There is a significant amount of travel (boat and van) so be prepared for that plus bring a jacket for the boat ride.

Philly
“Excellent Tour Group!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I cannot say enough about the staff at Amigos Jungle Tours, they made our honeymoon to Belize unforgettable! Gerson and his staff went above and beyond to create a custom itinerary for me and my wife which consisted of an overnight trip to Tikal (the ancient Mayan ruins in Guatemala) as well as a cave tubing and zip lining excursion at Jaguar Paw.

Be sure to ask for Carlos as your guide, as he is extremely informative, outgoing, and an overall great person to spend time with. He knows the local history, best places to take videos/pictures, as well as local cuisine. You could not ask for a better person to show you around.

Overall great experience from booking the excursions to having them pick us up, drop us off and provide food and drinks for us along the way. We couldn't have had a better time.

We also used Amigos del Mar (the aquatic sister company of AJT, also managed by Gerson in San Pedro) for our snorkeling excursions to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley. Yet another great days worth of fun thanks to the guys at Amigos!

atheneum
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun Excursions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I did the triple tour of 4-Wheeler (ATV) jungle ride, Mayan ruins, and cave tubing.
We both enjoyed the Mayan ruins at Xunantunich. We loved the ATV ride through the jungle right after a serious rain shower. Yes, it was muddy but that was half the fun!
Our opinions were split on the cave tubing. My wife really liked the (very) slow pace drift through the cool cave. Personally, I was a little bored. Though, cooling off sure was nice.
Gerson (on the island) and his tour guides on the mainland were helpful, friendly, and made sure we had a good time.

Visited October 2012