“Eat here!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 126 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Our dishes are made fresh daily. We have a large variety of delicious seafood, beef, chicken and pork dishes. Our desserts are as special as our savory ones. We are situated on the beach in front of the Belize Water Express at the end of their dock. We cater to locals and tourist alike. We only create dishes of seafood that have been caught and delivered to us fresh from the local fishermen here in San Pedro and you may see them deliver this fresh fish to us while you are enjoying a refreshing drink or eating a meal from our kitchen. You can indulge in some fresh Sashimi or Poki Tuna while sitting here and enjoying a clear view of the second most longest Reef in the world only half a mile away. We do make fresh vegetarian foods as well for the customers that choose not to eat fish or any meats. Please note: We do take credit cards.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was traveling with jlocklear14, and I have to say he's spot on. If the wonderful breakfast food and phenomenal coffee weren't enough Mario even had a very small puppy named Blue to hang out with while we ate. If there was one restaurant I'd eat at in San Pedro, it'd be Lick's.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
calcer, Owner at Licks Beachside Cafe, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thanx for the review.
I am so glad you liked Blue! She is a fiesty little dog, but she has a good heart and this is her first review!
I'm glad you gave us a try and I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

• Greek first
Nashville, Tennessee
“such good breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was feeling pretty bad from some heavy drinking the night before, but Lick's fried Jack was the perfect solution. I ended up returning the next morning and getting the same thing.
Also, I drink great coffee back in the states, and Licks' coffee is GOOD.
Finally, Mario, the owner is a great host. Easy conversationalist, very willing to connect us with friends he has around Belize, and has some awesome stories.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanx for the great review.
The fried jacks, stuffed of not, arer an excellent meal and filling as well!
The sign board does say "The Best Coffee." I'm glad you liked the coffee.
Thanx for the flattering words about myself, I just treat people the way I want to be treated, wiht kindness and respect.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“LOVE IT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had breakfast and lunch at Licks. The owner is such a nice guy that will do anything for you. Licks introduced me Fry Jack which is so good. It is basically a fried pita but yum. For lunch they have a great blackened fish sandwich. The lunch menu changes daily

Visited August 2013
Thanx for the wonderful review,
Breakfast is amazing, but in my opinion lunch is better cause you get more of a variety, but all in all, I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Licks.
The lunch and dinner menu changes daily.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had a delicious grilled lobster dinner for $25 (US). I also had the "Better than Sex Cake" for dessert. Oh my goodness, it was great. I met the owner Mario and he thanked us for coming and asked were we were from. Very nice. The service was excellent.

Visited July 2013
Thanx for the amazing review.
The lobsters that we serve are always cooked to perfection and always fresh.
The better than sex cake is an amazing dessert that my cook in the morning cooks for me sometimes, I don't think it lives up to it's name though ;)
Tampa, Florida
“My favorite place in San Pedro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We passed this place several times until luckily a friend told us it was the best place to eat on the island and he was so right. We had dinner here almost every night for the rest of our trip. The food is delicious and fresh depending on what is in season. The owner, Mario and Ashley our server were outstanding...they made us feel so welcome. Lick's was truly one of the highlights of our trip...can't wait to come back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanx for the amazing review.
I'm so glad you decided to try us. We are a small restaurant but we do our meals and our drinks good.
You can only serve fresh food, (or you should anyway)
Ashley was so ecstatic about this review, She was smiling all day when I told her about it.
Hope to see you soon,