“Great grouper!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 127 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Cafe, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our dishes are made fresh daily. We have a large variety of delicious seafood, beef, chicken and pork dishes. Our desserts are as special as our savory ones. We are situated on the beach in front of the Belize Water Express at the end of their dock. We cater to locals and tourist alike. We only create dishes of seafood that have been caught and delivered to us fresh from the local fishermen here in San Pedro and you may see them deliver this fresh fish to us while you are enjoying a refreshing drink or eating a meal from our kitchen. You can indulge in some fresh Sashimi or Poki Tuna while sitting here and enjoying a clear view of the second most longest Reef in the world only half a mile away. We do make fresh vegetarian foods as well for the customers that choose not to eat fish or any meats. Please note: We do take credit cards.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great grouper!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch. I had the blackened grouper sandwich and the Mister had a burger. It was the best cooked grouper I had on the island and quite tasty. The burger was quite good as well. Nice covered roof deck with a great view and convenient in town beach location. Service was a little slow, but not too bad. All around quite tasty.

calcer, Owner at Licks Beachside Cafe, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thanx for the awesome review.
The blackened grouper sandwich and the burger are both excellent dishes. I'm so glad you both enjoyed them.
Yes, our location is perfect for stopping for a bite to eat while running around in town.
Thanx again for the awesome review.

• Greek first
South Carolina
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The limited menu changes daily according to what is available. But, there is enough variety to please everyone. We had a lunch and dinner there. Both were very good. The snapper was really good. The location is easily accessible on the beach. There is an abundance of sides to choose from and everything tastes fresh.

Visited January 2013
Thanx for the great review.
I'm so glad you enjoyed your meals.
Everything we serve at Licks is fresh so it should taste fresh.
Mario
“Quiet superbowl Sunday dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

One of few beachside spots not blaring the tv. Had quiet private dinner at sunset upstairs overlooking the carribean. Meal prepared and presented with creativity. A nice surprise.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanx for the great review.
Yes, It was a quiet night on superbowl Sunday at Licks. Just how we like it. Quiet.
I'm glad you enjoyed the view of the sunset and your meal.
San Pedro, Belize
“Licks for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Decided to find out what all of the hullabaloo was about. My wife and I stopped in Licks for lunch on recent trip into town. We were greeted by the owner Mario and asked whether we wanted downstairs or upstairs seating. It was a beautiful sunny day so we opted for the upstairs. Our server was pretty quick on the scene and begin reviewing the menu. In my opinion this is an issue. Although I like the idea of a daily changing menu, it really needs to be on a chalk board upstairs or something so the diner can take it in and make a decision without the waiter hovering over head. The waiter did a good job at reciting the menu and seemed to know how each dish was prepared. We just would have like to had something to look at in a more leisurely fashion. A really diverse menu for lunch I must admit. Another real shortcoming is there are no prices recited or in the book the server is reading from. This is a big issue in my opinion as often I might make a dining choice, one entree over the other, based on price.

My wife chose the grilled wahoo with rice and beans and a green salad. I selected the flank steak grilled panini with sweet potato fries and a green salad. Although the restaurant was not crowded it took around 30 minutes to be served. This was not an issue as again the setting is very nice.

My wife's wahoo was over done and had a large number of bones in it. The rice and beans a bit on the dry side, the green salad with house made dressing was excellent. Her lunch cost was $32bz if memory serves. My panini was very flavorful but a bit on the tough side which is not unusual for Belizean grass fed beef. Sweet potato fries and salad were both excellent. Cost was $28bz which seems ok.

My biggest disappointment was a small glass of iced tea was $6bz. Really, iced tea that cost more than rum punch or a beer. Certainly would have made a different choice had the menu prices been listed.

All in all it was an ok experience. Whereas my meal was fine my wife was dissatisfied with over done fish and dry rice and beans. Might have just been an off day.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
calcer, Owner at Licks Beachside Cafe, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thanx for the great review and thanx for the honesty.
The upstairs deck is beautiful. I'm glad you enjoyed your time up there.
Thanx for the constructive criticism on our menu upstairs. We really appreciate that you took the time to tell us.
I'm sorry your wives wahoo was over done and had a large number of bones in it. We try to make every dish perfect.
Again, thanx for the review. We will take what you have said in great consideration and thanx for the honesty. We really appreciate it.
Hope to see you again so we can hopefully make your experience here at Licks a better one.
Mario.
Yorktown Heights, NY
“Delicious beachside lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Fresh food, made to order while you are sitting on the beach, great choice for lunch. We arrived at the end of lunch time and just asked what they would recommend. We had a blackened fish sandwich with the perfect amount of spice.

Visited January 2013
Thanx for the great review.
I'm glad you enjoyed your time here at Licks and the view. It really is spectacular. The blackened fish sandwich is a great choice and I am glad you enjoyed it.
Mario.