“Great location, relaxing atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Belize Tradewinds Paradise Villas to your Saves list
Belize Tradewinds Paradise Villas
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   Pescador Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great location, relaxing atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

I loved the location of Tradewinds Paradise Villas. They are right in the center of San Pedro and ocean front. The villa was very clean and the tropical decor just right. There even were some wonderful original oil paintings in the unit. The grounds and pool area are beautifully landscaped with many tropical flowers, bushes and palm trees. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and very accommodating. We had the best time seeing the sites. We went snorkeling and diving and visited Mayan ruins. Exploring the island on our golf cart was a blast. This was my second stay at Paradise Villas and I loved the casual atmosphere. I definitely will return!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mukwonago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

Experience?? Fabulous!!!! Wonderfully laid back atmosphere, Extremely clean and inviting pool with swim up bar. Updated condos with full kitchens, open your eyes and gaze into the ocean. Full service scuba diving and snorkeling just steps from your front door. Large selection of day trips at your disposal. All day and nightlife only a short walk down the sand. "Thank You" Tradewinds Paradise Villas for a wonderful get away......I hope to be back soon. Check them out on their web site to see paradise!!!

Princeton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

We chose Belize and Paradise Villas as a last minute decision. We could not be happier with our choice. Location is perfect, far enough from downtown but still walkable to everything. Gardens and pool are beautiful. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. We felt safe and secure. We would not only recommend Paradise Villas but will also be returning next year.

Sunny Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

Paradise Villas are a great place to vacation. Close to town, lots of good places to eat and shop. We're not into diving but relaxing by the pool and walks into town made for a very relaxing week.
The staff is friendly and responds to your every need. Clean and neat is the best way to describe our villa. We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

My husband and I chose this hotel as part of a scuba package. We were very suprised that is was actually on the beach, a stones throw away from the dive shop. The staff were incredibly helpful with suggestions for local foods and activites. The room was clean, and I felt very safe here. Some of the guests are here on longer stays and are quite entertaining. If you are looking for a modern luxury unit this isn’t the hotel for you, but if you are looking for a quaint clean place, with all the basic kitchen needs you might have, this place is ideal for you to relax. There were some ants, but they were our fault for not properly cleaning up spilled juice. It’s the tropics: there’s bugs. This place is clean. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here

westchester, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

Objective of travel: Scuba dive every morning; Relax afternoons on beach or by pool, Explore town and restaurants;Photography; land tour when not diving.

Tradewinds: Convenient location to diving (Amigos Del Mar is the best dive operator) to town; able to walk to everything, but the place is old , beat up and dirty. The rental condos have double beds pushed together as a queen, no exceptions. I am small so easily fit and was not feeling comfortable enough to sprawl out on anything there, plus the big hump in the center prevents you from straying. My final choice was between Ramon’s & here and I chose here because I am a finicky eater and figured I could cook my egg whites and maybe grilled chicken, if food was not to my liking. Also was afraid that Ramon’s was all “look” and not really what is claimed to be, but. I almost switched within 2 hours of arrival. I went for a run and saw Ramon’s, looked at a room and the grounds and they had availability. I ran back to tradewinds to move, but I was paid in full with a “no refund policy” so would 2 lodging costs or lots of headaches fighting it, so I stayed.
The condos are furnished with tired wicker everything and ratty cushions. I never sat on anything without a towel down first or an inside-out comforter covering the couch. I hung all my beach bags and backpacks from wall hangings and kept my luggage high on the tv stand to avoid roaches crawling in. I left my trash can outside not to entice critters. I was convinced I would see roaches which would have made me leave immediately. I never saw one, until my final night. It was about 2” big and healthy. I could not wait to get out of there. The coffee table, wicker with a glass inlay, had dust and debris in the crevices between the glass and frame, which never vanished with each daily maid cleaning. All the pots and pans had old food crud on them. When I cleaned a pan and used it for my eggs, the maid cleaned it and she left crud on it. The original sheets on my bed had to small areas with blood droplets..YIKES. I had to tear them off and leave on the floor as the maid would have never changed them. I never got a new soap bar after 8 days of a stay. The shower soap bar was left on the window sill and after 1 night, all the sill paint was stuck on the bar. This place is a dump! You are further reminded of this as you walk past the immaculate Phoenix right next store.
There is a pool but again the cushions are stained with body sweat and bird droppings; Manuel is indeed very friendly and deals well with people; you feel bad lodging a complaint to him.
I personally visited the following places which also were considered by me: Sunbreeze hotel, Sunbreeze suites, Mayan Princess, Blue Tang, Ramon’s and met people from the Yacht Club. Stay away from Yacht club and Blue Tang and also Sunbreeze suites. Did not see the inside, but the grounds and outside said enough. Ramon’s will be my next stay. Sunbreeze Hotel ( not the Suites) looked amazing updated and clean, pool was extremely small, I would consider staying there. Nowhere really has beaches except Ramon’s, and the Mayan Princess at least puts out beach chairs but no pool. Met several folks from Mayan Princess and they were very happy, although from the outside it is very deceiving. I would stay there too.
If you want to dive every day, it is best to stay near town or even very south of town for best diving. Up North is beautiful and has some great places, beaches, but nothing else. South is the same but not as remote as the North.

Also if you come to dive each day and then on last day do a land tour, I recommend that you fly to Belize city the nite prior and stay there or somewhere in land even for a day or two. There is much to see and the tours from San Pedro Ambergris Caye are mostly traveling to get there. I did Lamanai, which were great ruins to see, but it was an hour on a boat, then another hour on a boat on the river, then an hour in a bus, then another hour on another river. We got to see three ruins, which were awesome, but would have been nice to see and explore the world’s 2nd largest Mayan ruin site a bbit more, before doing the reverse trip. After getting back to San Pedro, I only had to pack and then fly out to Belize City the next morning for return home.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

Excellent location, near town, dive operations and shops. Emmanuel helped us with anything we needed. We stayed in the oceanfront unit and really enjoyed the view every day. Nice pool. Easy walk to anything you need.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Belize Tradewinds Paradise Villas? Share your experiences!