“Relaxation on the beach” 5 of 5 stars

You added Belize Tradewinds Paradise Villas to your Saves list
Belize Tradewinds Paradise Villas
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   Pescador Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Spring, Texas
“Relaxation on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have stayed at Paradise Villas four times over the past few years and each time has been superb! The condos are well-kept and comfortable and the amenities are perfect for a family of four, like ours. The pool is beautifully maintained and the grounds are immaculate. Swinging on the hammock near the back gate is one of my favorite places to be.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love staying in these villas. Been going there for years and can't wait to go back. The places are well-equipped, in a PERFECT location and very nice management. Comfortable, authentic, just the best!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the villa from 12/26/2012 to 1/1/2013. We booked the trip with Diane, a travel advisor with Tradewinds. Pre-trip communication was easy and we were able to coordinate the completion of the gf's open water certification, several dives, and tours of some archaeological sites. These were arranged for us at other companies including Reef Adventures and SEArious Adventures, both of whom were also very pleasant to deal with. During our stay we were able to change some of our scuba dives into credit towards other trips. It was great not having to worry about small details like where and to show up for trips as we were getting frequent updates from Emmanuel (villa management) upon our arrival and later in regards to our adventures and departure. The room itself (2B) was great. It is the second floor of the villa (2A is on the first floor). There is a terrace with a great view. It is a 1BR, 1bath, cable tv, a/c, WiFi, and most importantly a working kitchen with fridge, stove, oven, utensils, blender, toaster, etc. We were able to save money by eating a lot of rice, beans, eggs, and fresh fruits and vegetables. Mon-Sat housekeeping cleans the room. Other upsides were the price, the night security, and the proximity to the shore. The office is not always open, so it can be difficult if you are on a day trip but need to ask a question. You can leave a message with other staff who are always there, and get a reply from management. It would be nice if there were curtains in front of the doors leading on to the terrace. I'm not sure if recycling is an option, but Belize is increasing its eco-tourism efforts. But these are very small details; overall we could not be happier about our trip!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I just got back from my trip to Ambergris Caye and had an amazing and almost flawless trip! Trip dates were 8/31/12 to 9/9/12. I was in condo 16B and my sister and BiL in 16A.

We booked the trip through Cap’n Ron’s Reef Adventures. Ron was able to get us the best rates possible, and everything was perfect.

The only issue we had the whole trip was that Tropic Air did not load 2 of our dive bags on our plane and we spent 45 minutes at the san Pedro airstrip radioing and calling to locate them. They arrived by 18:00 that night.

The accommodations booked through Ron were at The Tradewinds Paradise Villas. The condo was fully equipped with everything you need. The condo was spacious, had a small kitchen, a comfortable bed, and plenty of space to spread out. I will say that there was no airflow in the bathroom if the doors were closed. But it was clean and the daily maid service was excellent. Take bug spray if you plan to spend any time on the porch – or plan to be inside.

There are two small grocery stores nearby – Richies Supermarket and Caye Mart. Caye Mart had extended hours. We purchased bottled water, cereal, milk, orange juice, One Barrel - Belizean Rum, coffee, soft drinks and snacks. Prices were considerably more than in the states, but still cheaper than if you were to go out to eat. Frosted flakes $6 US, The rum was about $23 US. If you plan to drink at all, buy the duty free liquor at the BZE airport. I spent $60 there for a bottle of Cointreau and a bottle of reposado tequila, and it would have been $120 US on the Caye.

Scuba diving was through Reef Adventures. We purchased 4 days of scuba, one night dive and one day trip to scuba at the Great Blue Hole. The operation is managed and co-owned by Ched Cebral, who does an excellent job. He kept the groups small; he made sure safety was a top priority; made sure we were properly equipped in the event of any issues and was friendly and fun to chat with. Chuckie, the captain, was also excellent in making sure we got in and out of the water efficiently, and kept a close eye on the group as we moved about underwater. Ruben was another divemaster working for Ched and provided excellent service as well. The last day, my GF and I were the only ones on the boat!

Restaurants: We ate at Elvi’s Kitchen, Blue Water Grill, Pineapples (@ Ramones), Wild Mangos, Blue Water Grill, El Patio (take bug spray), Wet Willys (fun karaoke and great cheap food), Fido’s (horrible live music) and Red Ginger. We did go to the Wahoo Bar once, but that was on Thursday night for the ceremonial “Chicken Drop...” The best three meals were surprisingly not at ant of the ‘fancy’ restaurants. Try a croissant egg n bacon sandwich and a hot coffee for breakfast at Geo’s Hideaway Café – next door the Tradewinds – cheap and delicious. The food n drink and fun at The Palapa Bar on North Ambergris was awesome. Three Hints: One, we took some Cointreau and One Barrel to spike the weak drinks (mainly daiquiris and margaritas). Two, it is too far to walk to Palapa from Tradewinds – u need a cart. Three, have Lelo the cab driver or Glenn get you a golf cart rental. We ended up paying $50 for ours and they got another guest a rental for $30. BTW, it is worth it to go all the way north on the island to Portofino

OK, so so the BEST meal we had all week? Seriously, it came from a street vendor that set up shop just outside the Caye Mart. For $5 US, you got a smoked chicken breast with wing, slaw, beans and 2 homemade tortillas. It was so good that we bought 4 meals and put two in the fridge back in the condo.

Scuba sites are so close to the dive shop, you do your interval back on shore. A little different for me, but wasn’t too bad. Sites we visited: Tuffy, Victoria, Cypress, Love Tunnels, Hol Chan (add park fee), Shark Ray Alley (snorkeled during surface interval, and was great), Pillar Coral. The night dive was ok, but too shallow. The scuba diving was outstanding, chock full of animal life – fish and creatures I had not seen in many many years – nurse sharks on every dive, spotted eagle rays daily, baracuda, hog fish, large groupers, reef sharks and manta rays. On my last dive, I was actually able to touch a spotted eagle ray.

The day trip to the Blue Hole was an amazing day. Very few operators actually have the boats to get there, so they sub-contract through larger operators, such as the one we went on – Amigos del Mar. Hint: The trips can be bought for less than what you see advertised on the internet. If you pay between 240 and 280 USD per person, you did pretty good. Prices can reach $350 per person if you don’t shop it. One place advertised it for $199, but I do not know if that included $40 for the two park fees (Blue Hole and Half Moon Caye), and do not know if it included taxes. You can book it once you are there and I am faily certain you’ll get it cheaper. Many say the trip to Blue Hole was not worth it, and I am one that says I WILL do it again. We saw dolphins on the way there; 10 ft sharks in the Blue Hole, and sperm whales on the way back. Just remember that prices are negotiable. I will say that while Amigos Del Mar worked hard to make everyone happy and were very safe, they were a little bit too hands on for my tastes. I myself am a certified divemaster and I do not need or want help removing my gear. As I was getting my gear off at the boats ladder, a divemaster that was in the water below me, pulled it off for me and I immediately went into panic thinking I had lost my fin...

We also did an excursion to do the combo trip to zip line and cave tubing. Don’t book it online. Walk down the beach and stop in and negotiate it. Places offered it for $210 and we paid $130. Seriously. But the trip was fun.

I had an outstanding time, and I highly recommend the Tradewinds Paradise Villas, Cap’n Ron’s Reef Adventures with the awesome Ched Cebral and crew, and I suggest you do not miss a trip to The Palapa Bar n Grill.

Room Tip: It does not matter where your room is, it's a small place and close to the street or to the wate...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The location was great, the staff was wonderful and very helpful. The view of the ocean was beautiful. The price was right, but the rooms needed a coat of paint and a real good cleaning. The air conditioning work fine, thank God as Belize has to be the hottest place I've ever been.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here twice, 10 years apart, and it was consistently great both trips! The condos are like having your own apartment on the beach to come home to. The property is well maintained by Tradewinds and has a relaxing tropical feel to it. You can sit on your patio with a view of the sea, with the beach just outside the gate. It's close to everything with the grocery store, shops, watersports, and restaurants all within a short walk or golf cart ride distance. All of the staff are friendly and nice and security keeps the property safe. They do a great job and I would reccomend the property highly to anyone. This will always be my home away from home in Amberguese Cay! Manuel, Trish, John, and Mathias, as well as Bruce and Diane at Wet Willy's- thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Belize Tradewinds Paradise Villas? Share your experiences!