“Wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

You added Belize Tradewinds Paradise Villas to your Saves list
Belize Tradewinds Paradise Villas
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   Pescador Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I can't say enough nice things about my vacation at Paradise Villas ! My condo was clean, well equipped and ideally located next to the pool and steps to the ocean. The manager, Emmanuel, provided outstanding and friendly service, always there if I needed something or had a question. The entire staff was very friendly and worked hard to keep the property in top condition. Security also great with a security officed on the property all night.
This was my first visit to San Pedro and Paradise Villas but it won't be my last !!!
Thanks again for a wonderful vaction.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed at the Paradise Villas for 7 nights, of which, the first 5 were with a friend. As a single female traveling alone for 3 days, the owner, Bill, made sure that I was safe and taken care of. He helped me to plan a cave tubing/ziplining tour to the mainland and checked on my safe return. Both Bill and Emmanuel (manager at Tradewinds Property Mgmt) were very kind and helpful during my stay. The condos were kept clean by a very friendly housekeeper, Patricia. In addition, the kitchens were fully stocked with all of the basic cooking supplies. The property was conveniently located next to Reef Adventures, a diving company that took care of my first two days of diving. The boats were privately chartered, which beat the other group tour I went on to dive the Blue Hole. I would highly recommend staying at the villas and diving with Reef Adventures.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We visited Belize, from November 4 through November 14th . We flew Continental/United Airlines from Fresno to San Francisco, to Houston, to Belize City and then Tropical Air to San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye. All flights were on time and no luggage went astray. We stayed in Paradise Villas and dove with Reef Adventures Diving. Cap’n Ron http://www.reefadventures.net/CondoSite/index.html a partner with Tradewinds Travel http://tradewindsparadisevillas.com/ made all of our arrangements for our living quarters and diving. We dove Nitrox 32 the entire vacation with the exception of the Blue Hole dive which was air. We stayed in condominium building A2, which is a beachfront floor level condo. The amenities were much like home, complete with air conditioning, flat screen TV with cable, fully equipped kitchen and a comfortable bed. The condo included a living room, dining area and a small kitchen bar. There is a pristine white sand beach right out in front that I wish I had at home. Paradise Villa’s staff was top-notch. I even met the condos owner, who was a very gracious man. There was a small electrical problem with one of the outlets in the bedroom and the problem was remedied within an hour of my reporting it. The service simply could not have been better. Manuel the day clerk for the condo complex happily attended to our every need. The maid who we never saw – kept the condo clean and tidy the entire time. The complex is located close to every thing you might need from restaurants and stores to the airport. I highly recommend Paradise Villas even for non divers.

Reef Adventures Diving is located a stones throw from the A2 condo’s front door. Michael was our boat captain and dive master, with Chucky and Ivan the deck hands for the majority of the diving and provided great service. We almost never needed to touch our dive gear once we handed it over to the crew until the day we left. The boat was an open 22 footer powered by a powerful outboard motor and comfortably accommodated eight divers. There were six of us in our group, and most days only our group was on the boat. I have dove all around the world and the service just does not get any better. The diving on the outer reef, just 5 minutes out in front of the condo, was world class and because of the close proximity to the condos our surface intervals were done back at the condo! My wife really appreciated the ability to take a warm shower and put on a dry bathing suit between dives. This is the connivance of a live aboard on dry land! The Outer Atoll diving was with Amigos del Mar on the Papa Changa a modern well equipped dive vessel http://amigosdive.com/index.html. The service here was also top notch.

We made 20 dives while in Belize. The average water temperature was 81°. Visibility ranged from 45 to 85 feet. There was very little current. The reef structure was Ridge and Valley down to about 90 feet and then off into the abyss. Sea life was abundant, with lots of nurse sharks, groupers, turtles, eagle rays, Morays, lobsters and a whole host of reef fishes. There were lots of soft corals and the reefs appear to be healthy. We spotted black coral as shallow as 50 feet, which is an indicator of a healthy reef system. We made two long boat rides to some outer Atolls one to Lighthouse Atoll with the Blue Hole and the other to Turneffe Elbow. The diving out in front of the condo was so good that the trip to Turneffe was unnecessary yet I found the Lighthouse reef dives with the blue hole dive very interesting and worthy of the expense. I would definitely recommend this excursion even though it is a long 3 hour boat ride out. The Blue Hole Dive is now my deepest dive at 138 feet and yes I got narced but I was fully aware of my out of bounds depth and kept myself just out of deco on my computer. We made three dives everyday except for the last Sunday we could only do two before we flew out late Monday.

Just a couple of notes about the food:
Breakfast was either at Mathues across the street (closed Sun, Mon.) or Elaina’s south down the beach (closed Tue. Be sure to try the Fryjacks) both have good food and reasonable prices. Since we made three consecutive dives on most days we were really hungry around 3:00pm after diving and Caramba’s (south down the street one and a half blocks) was our late lunch/dinner choice restaurant; most days they are open when the others are closed for a siesta; be sure to try the Conch Fritters there, all of the food was good. If you are out before 2:00pm or after 6:00pm be sure to try Brianna’s. Run by a mother and her son this is a local’s favorite with unbelievable low prices for really good home style food. Dinner is whatever she decides to cook that day. The fish empanadas and her fryjacks are a must. From Paradise Villas go south on the street (left out of the gate) to the first intersection make a right (go west) to the first street and make a left (go south) down about ¾ of a block on the west side of the street you will find Brianna’s.

Worst food of the entire trip was breakfast in the San Francisco Airport - with a city full of great chefs they should be ashamed.

A couple of notes about the travel:

The Belizean telephone company owns the internet and your Magic Jack or a VPN will not work. They have them blocked. Be sure you have international calling on your cell phone and be prepared to pay $4.50 a minute to make or receive calls.

If you are going to renter the US in Houston 2 hours is not enough time to clear customs and get to your connecting flight. This is the third time we have reentered the US here and all three times we have had a problem making our connecting flight in two hours. We did make it but the pucker factor is just too high; 3 hours would be more comfortable. You think I would learn that by now.

Room Tip: A2 Great View
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Our villa was great for the money. The rooms were clean (a bit out dated on the furniture - but we were not there for that). You are within walking distance to everything. Emmanuel - will give you tips on where to go and where not to be at night.
Our ride to and from the airport was arranged by Belize Tradewinds which included the filight to San Pedro through Tropic Air and had a taxi waiting for us to take us to our villa.
Not impressed with their housekeeping. Never cleaned the bathroom sinks or shower. Our housekeeper was more into conversation (this is our only negative besides the coffee pot which is extremely out-dated).
If you are looking for a swim-up bar and bar-tender - they don't have one. This was not an issue for us.
The grounds are well kept and they do have night security.
If you are looking for a no frills place to stay - peace and quiet - this is for you. We enjoyed our stay there and would go back even after viewing many of the resorts.

Room Tip: Our place had a great view of the water and very laid back.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

I found this place by accident and have enjoyed many weeks aways from the noisier parts of this island - some that are adjecnt to the landing strip with its attendant take off and landing noise. Here the welcome is genuine and the facilities as good as locations charging far more - in fact this is probably the cheapest place on the island - $7 Bz $3.50 US from the airport or the owner will even pick you up if available and show you around the island. Rooms include private bathrooms and all facilites all wwith WifFi and you will not be troubled with unwanted visitors. A joy and highly recommended by an experienced and very widely travelled person. Looking for a long term over winter stay - very suitably located, quiet and well priced.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Foster City, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

My travel objective was to scuba dive every morning, have a beer with lunch and relax in the afternoons and go out for dinner at night. The villa itself was specious and had a fully equipped kitchen. I had a beachfront condo on the first floor and enjoyed watching the parade of people and boats just outside the gated villa’s wall from the spacious patio or other seating on the grounds. I was able to walk barefoot to the dive operation (Adventure Divers) just a few steps away. For the lengthy trip to The Blue Hole,
Amigos Del Mar is just a short walk (although they will pick you up from the villa’s dock). A grocery store just a half block north had cases of beer, gallons of orange juice, eggs and most anything else you might need. Mathieu’s Deli across the street has fresh baked baguettes, cinnamon rolls and daily specials. Downtown restaurants are just a short walk via either the shoreline route or the streets; Elvi’s was my favorite restaurant for dinner – their Mayan Chicken dinner (with coconut rice) was specially delicious and reasonable. All the food on the island (even street food) looked healthy and I am a VERY picky eater. Getting back to the villa, it was equipped with a flat panel TV / DVD player, a very strong A/C (although I seldom used it as I preferred the sea breeze with the windows open), and adequate bedding, chairs, and kitchen table. The kichen contained a full-size Fridge/Freezer, stove/oven, microwave, coffee maker and all the utensils that you might need (I did bring a cutting board which came in handy). Found Lelo the driver waiting to pick me up (and later drop me off) at the Ambergris Caye airport; Manual in the office checked me in and will attend to any needs; both are wonderful people. I definitely recommend Paradise Villas and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Thanks to all the tradewinds staff for making our 5 nights at the property a great time. We all enjoyed ourselves. The staff were all helpful, the beds comfortable, and lots of hot water. We would stay at the property again and recommend it to our friends. If "Fish Johnson" offers to make dinner while you are staying, let him do it. He seems a bit sketchy at first but, he sells great seafood and cooks an awesome dinner.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Belize Tradewinds Paradise Villas? Share your experiences!