I loved the Tides! I planned this trip for myself and an ex, I went by myself anyway, and had the best time of my life! I had another room booked for the first three nights (Hotel Rio), and decided to find a room for the remainder of my holiday when I arrived. I had looked at The TIdes website and wanted to stay there, but didn't book anything. I found the bar my first hour in San Pedro, and stayed there the whole time :)! Butch is SWEET, as you will see.
There were a few drawbacks, like being located next to the high school, but it made for interesting scenes being played out right in front of me! Everyone was so friendly, and heplful. It's about a ten minute walk to town, but it is so beautiful who cares! They rent bikes but the beach is pretty bumpy to ride on and the bikes not the best. The rooms were cleaned every morning, so if you want to sleep in leave a note on the door!!!! I was able to stay there six nights in three different rooms. I liked the top floor on the corner. I paid cash and received the discount. You can pay for your drinks as you go, or pay the tab at the end, ouch! Thanks to Chabo, Butch, Martin, Tony, Said, Mari, Sagri, Patojo, Sabrina, and the rest of the gang for making my trip the best I've ever had! DeBelize
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the town San Pedro, on the island of Ambergris Caye, you will find our beachfront resort with unobstructed reef views. Enjoy snorkeling, diving, fishing, along with free wi-fi all walking distance to downtown.Ocean Tide Beach Resort is Different from Other Belize Vacation Resorts: * Ocean Tides is a property offering an outdoor pool and is located in the beautiful beaches of San Pedro. * We serve breakfast and lunch poolside from the beachside Bar / Lounge, The Lazy Pelican. * Free Wi-Fi access is available in this property. * These functional rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, coffee maker, and a small fridge. The bathrooms feature a bath and a shower. These rooms overlook the great barrier reef. * Other facilities offered include a tour desk and a laundry. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including snorkeling. * San Pedro Airport can be reached in a 5-minute golf cart drive. The property offers free parking and is located right on Boca del Rio Beach.* Every room has an ocean view: Whether you stay in our charming 2nd floor Beachfront suites or the 3rd floor Reefview suites, you'll treasure the views from your windows. * We're small enough to offer you the best: You'll get individual attention, and won't be over crowded. Our resort is modern and charming. We make people feel like long missed family. * We have our own dive shop, snorkel/fishing guide and massage therapist: We're give you all that a Belize vacation has to offer: mysterious Mayan ruins, world class fishing, spa treatments, boating, jungle exploring, snorkeling, some of the best scuba in the world and plain old beach bumming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and T4B so you can book your Ocean Tide Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Tides Beach Resort
- Ocean Tide Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro