I arrived on Ambergris with a friend without a place to stay. With everyone else turning us away and preparing to sleep on hammocks at the end of any random dock we could find them on, we found the Tides. Oh my God, this family was amazing! They were very nice and after a little begging they gave us a room even though they were technically closed for the night. The room was very basic but clean and bed bug free! And it was so cheap! It’s right on the water and l loved hanging out on the Adirondack style wooden chairs, relaxing with a drink, overlooking the beautiful blue-green water. They have a pool but you also have the sea a few steps away from you. The pool bar now functions as the office. Yeah, they lost their liquor license but who cares. The Ambergris version of K-Mart is an easy walk if you want liquor. This family operates on trust and made us feel very welcome. And make sure you have some cash just in case the credit card machine isn’t working. It was around $50/night and we stayed there in August. Overall this is an awesome place for budget travelers. Beats a hostel any day since the $50 was split between two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the town San Pedro, on the island of Ambergris Caye, you will find our beachfront resort with unobstructed reef views. Enjoy snorkeling, diving, fishing, along with free wi-fi all walking distance to downtown.Ocean Tide Beach Resort is Different from Other Belize Vacation Resorts: * Ocean Tides is a property offering an outdoor pool and is located in the beautiful beaches of San Pedro. * We serve breakfast and lunch poolside from the beachside Bar / Lounge, The Lazy Pelican. * Free Wi-Fi access is available in this property. * These functional rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, coffee maker, and a small fridge. The bathrooms feature a bath and a shower. These rooms overlook the great barrier reef. * Other facilities offered include a tour desk and a laundry. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including snorkeling. * San Pedro Airport can be reached in a 5-minute golf cart drive. The property offers free parking and is located right on Boca del Rio Beach.* Every room has an ocean view: Whether you stay in our charming 2nd floor Beachfront suites or the 3rd floor Reefview suites, you'll treasure the views from your windows. * We're small enough to offer you the best: You'll get individual attention, and won't be over crowded. Our resort is modern and charming. We make people feel like long missed family. * We have our own dive shop, snorkel/fishing guide and massage therapist: We're give you all that a Belize vacation has to offer: mysterious Mayan ruins, world class fishing, spa treatments, boating, jungle exploring, snorkeling, some of the best scuba in the world and plain old beach bumming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Ocean Tide Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Tides Beach Resort
- Ocean Tide Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro