“Comfort and class” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 55 hotels in San Pedro
Penticton, Canada
“Comfort and class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

we arrived in San Pedro on the U.S. presidents day and were worried about availability. The price $120.00 u.s. was reasonable considering the weekend. The property has great proximity and one of the better beaches in the area. We were walking distance from the night life and felt quite safe at night.Our room was well equiped with a full kitchen. The beds were very comfortable and the place was very clean.The place was quiet and has 24hr security. All the staff were very friendly.All the rooms have spectacular ocean views.

Room Tip: for safety and view as the balconies on the ground level are right on the beach I would ask for a up...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Woodburn, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed at the Mayan Prncess with 2 friends and we loved it!! The staff daily went out of their way to be helpful and make us feel like princesses. Lobby access to the internet allowed us to check in daily to keep up with emails and facebook. We were in Room 15 which had a separate small bedroom with bunkbeds so we each had our own bed (a must we had requested). The hotel is located right on the beach and hammocks are provided to relax on the veranda with. Fish cleaning in front of the hotel made for excellent people watching from our room and an abundance of pelicans. Beautiful sunrises. Great food close by. We made friends with many people we hope to see again. We did see a cockroach. Its Central America. We rented a golf cart and could get anywhere on the island from the hotel with ease. We do plan to return.

Room Tip: Room 15 had the extra bed so that all 3 of us got our own bed.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

The hotel is located on the beachfront however the beachfront is the marina so you can't swim there and they have no pool. Our room was on the ground floor. The air conditioner sounded like a jackhammer all night. The toilet was broken and would not flush. The sink kept bubbling up and smelled like sewage. We asked for another room and they gave us a corner room. We were surrounded by an alley to the side of us and the back, This is the same alley were the sewage is. Our friends next door had to out socks on the top of their doors so the bugs wouldn't come in. We moved after one night and it was non refundable.

Room Tip: Try the second floor, not sure if it is better but couldn't be worse
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

My wife and I spent two night at this Hotel. We arrived at this hotel via the San Pedro airport on Tropic Air, and took 5 minute cab to the hotel. It is that close to the airpot. The hotel reimburses the taxi driver for the fare. Our room way tidy and clean and we had a great view of the beach, which is literally below the balcony. The beach itself offer alot of convenience for those that want to arrange diving tour to the surrounding islands of Ambergris, and there enough of them to get a competitive price. We ate at a restaurant called Lily's which was on the beach. It offered a great variety of food for both breakfast and dinner. Breakfast comprised of johnny cake and omelettes that were all well made. Dinner was creole cuisine as well as seafood. I would recommend it. The location also offered the convenience of many convenience stores that were stocked with fresh fruit beer and wine, and some very good gift stores where you can buy alot of Belizean trinkets, tshirts etc. There was also a great coffee shop for the coffee lover. My wife and I were also able to take a private water taxi tour of the San Pedro lagoon, where we went bird watching on the secluded islands on our last day. We were also able to take a day excursion by water taxi to Caye Caulker which was very beautiful and idyllic. The only drawback I would say was the strange room doors that had an improvised slot on top of the door that could be opened to the outside. I did not understand what it was for. However I would not have you eliminate the hotel because of this. The bathrooms were rather small but adequate. The over head air conditioner was loud but we got used to it after the first night. The staff were good, polite and cordial.

Room Tip: Third floor at the top, North side
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Corozal Town, Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Right in the center of San Pedro Town, Beachfront with very nice views. Clean and Confortable!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I am usually an easy customer. If a business makes the slightest effort - I'm happy. This was not the case here. The room had a cockroach. I'm sure there was more. The room seemed clean, but if you look just a little... There are huge amounts of dustballs (like on the lamp). Several times I asked the front desk for help and they couldnt be bothered. It was like pulling teeth to get any answers. We would have stayed several night, but moved out after one night!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

This is my second review, from my April trip back home to my counrty Belize. I stayed at mayan Princess 2 days out of my 4 days going back home. What I have to say about this hotel, I was there, so I seen it for myself, it is a wonderful hotel to stay, the staff was so helpful, and we had continental breakfast too, homemade Belizean Johnny Cakes and Creole Buns, fresh fruits, I didnot expect breakfast with my price for the suite for 3 people they were so professional. the hotel suites was spanking clean, and what a beauty you had the caribbean sea in your face every morning you open the big white balcony doors. The hotel location is right down town San Pedro, the hotel is in very safe area, and we feel really safe walking around at night time. "BIG UP TO MAYAN PRINCESS". I will come back and see you soon.

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Mayan Princess Hotel? Share your experiences!