I know this is late, however, after staying at the Banana Beach resort last December, I feel it was warranted to write a little note about our stay. The room we had was on the ground floor on the left side of the hotel. We had an outdoor table and chairs along side the room. Great for bird watching. There were banana trees along the side gardens and it was great for watching as the hummingbirds were pollinating the banana trees. The room was exceptionally clean and the maid service was prompt and routine day-to-day. The bed was comfortable and the A\C worked well on those days when you needed to cool down. The hotel is located on the beach with two fresh water pools and a hot tub. Spectacular view of the reef from the beach. Lounge chairs were plentiful and comfortable. Watching the sunrise daily was incredible. There was a 24 hour security guard stationed on the beach.
San Pedro town center was a 15 minute walk along the beach. Golf cart rentals were available at Monkey Business, the travel shop onsite at the hotel. Money could be exchanged easily at the front desk, who were exceptionally friendly and helpful at all times. Taxis take a few minutes to arrive, but, are reasonably priced at $10BZ ($5 US) for anywhere you need to go.
The El Divino restaurant at the hotel was moderately priced and we never had a bad mouthful of food. Everything was quite good. Martini Mondays are a must after a nice dinner.
Our stay was very relaxing and that usually has a lot to do with the services provided. Well done, I highly recommend this hotel if you are travelling to San Pedro!!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Banana Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Banana Beach Hotel
- Banana Beach San Pedro
- Banana Beach Belize
- Banana Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The friendliest resort sitting on the powdery sand of Mar de Tumbo Beach just south of San Pedro Town on the Ambergris Caye of Belize, Banana Beach Resort has been a haven of fun, adventure, and relaxation for more than 10 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Banana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.