My wife and I were at the Banana Beach Resort January 9-16, 2013. We had a great time. We spent a lot of time kicking back and reading by the water or on our deck. The view from the deck (Suite B-331) is beautifully situated over the ocean with a palm tree within reach. The room is very nice with tile floors and a small kitchen. We had to bring several small things to management's attention- light bulb not working, stuck bathroom window, outdoor table missing from deck, but within a few hours all of the issues had been addressed. BBR is about a 20 minute walk into down town San Pedro- which we saw as a benefit, because it was the most predictable exercise we got each day. You can rent golf carts (I think they were about $45 for 8 hours) which we did one day. There is a nice restaurant at the resort, and there are small grocery stores, a bakery, and some other stores close by and on the way into SP. We spent one day back in mainland Belize (by express boat) and did the cave tubing, zip-lining, and the zoo all in one day. It was a full day but very manageable and a lot of fun. Our guide was very good. I think that day cost us about $500. The weather was very good almost all of the time. San Pedro is fun and we did a lot of bar hopping and talking to locals and especially to ex-patriots, of which there appear to be quite a few (American and Canadian). There is a lot of activity along the beach in San Pedro a number of good restaurant / bars. For an English speaking country, you will be surprised how much Spanish you hear. We really had a good time. It is our second visit and we can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The friendliest resort sitting on the powdery sand of Mar de Tumbo Beach just south of San Pedro Town on the Ambergris Caye of Belize, Banana Beach Resort has been a haven of fun, adventure, and relaxation for more than 10 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Banana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Banana Beach San Pedro
- Banana Beach Belize
- Banana Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro