I read just about all the previous postings so I felt prepared for this place when I booked my reservations. My overall expierence was very positive. The staff was great, especially Ingrid. The location was removed far enough from town to be quiet at night. No surprise on the lack of a "real" beach. Seagrass everywhere and yes there is a seawall right in front of the hotel. A few short steps to the left or right takes you to the water. The pools are small but refreshing. The beds could use replacing but were comfortable enough. The room was clean. Restaurant is fantastic.
I was surprised by the cost of food and drink. Not the expected Latin American rates. I did not care much for the beer and lack of diversity in beers. It seems that Belikin is the only game in town (yes, there is Hienekin and Red Stripe). Found a nice Lebanese restaurant on the second street from the waterfront. For a fun day try La Palapa.
Snorkling with Lil' Alphonse was great. He gave a very detailed safety brief prior to letting us into the water. He really seemed to for the sea creatures. Don't miss this!
Overall a very nice vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The friendliest resort sitting on the powdery sand of Mar de Tumbo Beach just south of San Pedro Town on the Ambergris Caye of Belize, Banana Beach Resort has been a haven of fun, adventure, and relaxation for more than 10 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Banana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Banana Beach San Pedro
- Banana Beach Belize
- Banana Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro