“Seven Seas - perfect for the budget minded traveler” 4 of 5 stars

Seven Seas Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   On the Beach Front, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Ranked #46 of 56 Hotels in San Pedro
Queensbury, New York
“Seven Seas - perfect for the budget minded traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

As a travel agent I have stayed in numerous resorts in Belize. Seven Seas is a great choice for the budget minded traveler. Their location is wonderful. Step out your door, onto the sand beach and view the barrier reef each day. Roberto and Victor are excellent hosts. My compliments go especially to the housekeeping staff. They clean the rooms every day and provide fresh towels. We did find a cockroach one night, but at is not atypical in some of the more moderately priced resorts. We just threw a towel over it and took it outside. The units all have a kitchen with stove and full frig., microwave, including all dishes, utensils and coffee pot. The bed pillows are a little hard and stiff.
Their location is perfect, just north of town. Walk through their pool area out back and out the back door to the street. Turn left and there is a fantastic bakery called Annie's. Their cinnamon rolls are delicious. For dinner eat at My Secret Deli not from from the Seven Seas. Very low prices for lunch and dinner and authentic Belizean cuisine.
Seven Seas does trade with RCI, but don't expect the caliber of rooms you might be used to in some RCI resorts. But this is Belize and Belize isn't for everyone. All in, this is a very good place to stay, relax and enjoy the magnificent view off the balcony.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Seabrook, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We just got back from 6 nights at Seven Seas, the view was amazing from our balcony, room was clean and had everything we needed, Close to town, shopping and restaurants.
The Staff were absolutely wonderful and treated us so well...all we had to do was ask and it was done....
The owner was on property and it was so good to see him after 20yrs or so...
I use to work for Ocean Connection and we booked this hotel, Lots of changes all for the good. We cannot wait to go back and stay here again...great place...
Ken and Deb, Houston,Tx

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Walker, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

4th trip to Amberris Caye ,first time at Seven Seas .I will never stay anywhere else on my return trips.On site owner very friendly and knowledgable about the area.Roberto and Tony were right there for any of your needs.Perfect distance from San Pedro,easy walking distance but far enough away to enjoy the quiet.Right on prettiest beach on the island. Nice private clean pool,can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in 2 ground floor rooms and enjoyed them both. Good view and no stairs to deal with.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I first came across this gem of a hotel in 2005 on my first trip to San Pedro. I was extremely spoilt by this hotel - I now go nowhere else. The Seven Seas Resort is in an ideal location for my holiday - it's right on the way to the beach, which is great, because it means I can walk. However the beach is quite small and often crowded, but, hey, there's the sea, there's the sand, and there's the sun, I can't complain. There is a bar a few doors down, too, which means less than a 2 minute walk to catch all the local nightlife Ambergris Caye has to offer. The Seven Seas Resort has its own pool, rooms fully furnished with kitchens, high speed internet, ACs, and everything an extremely comfortable suite can offer a tourist weary from baking on the beach or visiting the local attractions (for me, the highlight is scuba diving). One year we even had hairdryers included in the room, but this wasn't to be when we went again the next year. The service was excellent, and the staff were helpful and eager to please. I am very quick to recommend this resort when the topic of holidays comes up, and I would sincerely recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel to make their Caribbean holiday, well, great.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Royal Oak, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed in suite #11 on the top floor with an ocean view. The breeze was great and we only required the air con two times at night. The location is great, located on the beach road, two doors down from Wayos Bar and around the corner from a grocery store and local restaurants. There are lounge chairs out front by the water in white sand. There is also a dock with boats and jet skis owned by another company right there.

We never used the pool. It is located in the back and is very small. There was one large room including a sink, cabinets, refrigerator, stove, t.v., futon sofa, chair, dining table and chairs. This is almost studio style, but there is a separate bedroom and bathroom. The bedroom is very small but works for what you need, we didn't spend a lot of time in the room...we were outside mostly. The bathroom is small but functional and the shower was spacious (you didn't touch the walls or curtain during normal showering). The floors were terracotta. The cupboards were wood and due to the ocean humidity were warped and didn't close quite right. Accommodations are clean, but a little kitch and homey.

The best part of this place is the location and the people who run it. They are very nice and very helpful. We wanted to rent a golf cart, go snorkeling, go diving, make reservations for dinner etc, they did it all graciously. They were all very friendly and very accommodating. We had a great trip!

If you are looking for a great vacation that doesn't cost an arm and a leg for accommodations and has everything you need, it is here.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have more breeze, but heat does rise...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been coming back here for years. Right on the beach road and away from the center of San Pedro, it is quieter than most places and only two houses away from Wayo's bar, so there is local night life.
The rooms have AC in the bedrooms, and some in the main room. The kitchens have some equipment, but it may be a bit shaky at best, but let the staff know and they will do their best to keep you happy.
Keep an eye on the beach road for the guy with the wheelbarrow full of fresh coconuts, and stop the tamale guy on a bicycle, they are some of the best food on the island.

Room Tip: Upstairs for more breeze.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dudley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at the Seven Seas Resort while on a working holiday in Belize with my husband. As a travel writer, I was reviewing the local attractions and I chose Seven Seas Resort mainly because of the high speed internet on offer, which was necessary for my work. I definitely made the right choice – not only did I benefit from excellent wifi but also excellent service and very comfortable accommodation. Having kitchen facilities was really useful, as due to work I didn't always have the time to go out and eat. On the occasions when I did have free time and wanted to explore, the staff at Seven Seas were always on hand to offer advice and help me and my hubby with booking trips and excursions - usually at a cheaper price than we would have paid had we booked ourselves online! The only downside was that the beach at the front of the hotel was only a small one, but having said this, the ocean views from my suite were to die for so that definitely wouldn’t put me off staying here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seven Seas Resort? Share your experiences!