This was a nice little "resort", I put resort in quotation marks because most of the resorts on the South/Central part of Ambergris Caye are not what most of us would think of a resort being. Nevertheless, we had a wonderful stay at the Seven Seas. The manager (Victor) and his family live in the back, and are very accomodating, laid-back, and friendly. The owner Bill comes by once a day on his boat.
I had a wonderful suite on the ground floor across the street (sand) from a dock and the Caribean sea.
Right next door is a wonderful beach bar called Wayo's, which I will review in a separate entry.
The pool is out back in a courtard flanked by all sorts of beautiful fauna. It only gets direct sun for a couple of hours per day because of its' courtyard location. It is a small pool, but considering that it was off-season I seemed to be the only person to use it.
The suite offered a fridge, stove, microwave and all cooking utensils. Bottled water (a big bottle) was included and readily available.
There are a few local stores right around the corner, very authentic residential stores offering fresh fruits and vegetables.
Town (San Pedro) is a bit of a travel, we rented a golf cart for our stay so it was easily accessible, as were the departure points for tours, ferries, etc.
The accommodation included airport transfer which was timely. We were greeted at the resort and helped to our rooms with our luggage.
They can organize outings for you at their front desk.
Every room had a nice big porch area, there were lots of good sitting spots including a hammock.
We felt very safe and secure at this place, thanks to the Manager and his family having a presence and keeping people off of the property that were trying to scam tourists.
I liked the resort and had a wonderful experience, but I think that if I go back to Ambergris Caye I would like to stay somewhere more central to the main park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your condo with private balcony is right on the beach, 30 steps from the Caribbean Sea, in view of the spectacular barrier reef. A few minutes stroll down the beach to the center of town and the restaurants, bars, small discos and shopping. Or rent a golf cart and ride in style. Your suite has a private bedroom with queen size bed, bathroom, living room with queen size sleeper sofa, full kitchen and daily maid service... are you pampered or what? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Seven Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 7 Seas Resort
- Seven Seas Hotel San Pedro
- Seven Seas Resort Belize/San Pedro