“Eugene and Judy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tio Pil's Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tio Pil's Hotel
Save Saved
You added Tio Pil's Hotel to your Saves list
Downtown, Beachfront, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize (Formerly Lily's Hotel)   |
Ranked #41 of 55 hotels in San Pedro
palm harbor
“Eugene and Judy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Dora....You have the best bang for the buck it's clean and nice.Thanks for getting the TV fixed and finding out the best price for a golf cart.I rented a golf cart for 3 days and we were all over that island.The food next door was great ....Yes i will be back,i love Belize.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dora P, Owner at Tio Pil's Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Hi Eugene and Judy! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! You were both a joy to have here again. We'll be waiting for your return.

Best regards,

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Let me start out by saying that Xiomara at the front desk is going to be around in this industry for a long time. She goes above and beyond to assist the customer. I exchanged about 20 emails with her before I even stayed at the hotel, and she responded to all of them right away with useful "things to do" information for me. She definitely has the right mentality for this business.

Now for the hotel itself. The location is excellent. The price is right. It is quiet enough for a good night's sleep. Great views from the large balcony. The rooms, however, are very outdated and need a makeover. I, personally, don't need much as far as my room goes. Others, would be quite disappointed. My room did have air conditioning, and it did blow cold. The water pressure needs work as well.

Overall, it's a decent value for the price. It's really not far from being an excellent value for the price, as long as they update the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012
Dora P, Owner at Tio Pil's Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, HockeyMij. Firstly, Xiomara really is a gem and we're very happy to have her as part of our team! She is good at what she does and fits in perfectly at Tio Pil's where we're all about personalized service.

We are glad you enjoyed our location, balcony and price. We agree that it's that time of year again when renovations and makeovers are due. We'll be closing for a week in October to spruce things up again.

We hope you get to visit us again soon!

Wilsonville, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Too pils was good for the rate. The we paid about 500 ish for 9 nights on the off season. The venue is right on the beach and is surrounded by good food. The water taxi to Belize city was right outside the room. The the mini fridge was a nice spec. The bed was ok comfy. I the hammock, outside was our choice of relaxing. I wrote also say a family of sting reys, outside on the dock. amazing. I would recommend it but not for someone who is a clean freak looking for a resort. I its a small old hotel. From the 60s. I it looks like it but has tons of character. I would also recommend that going to care caulker, and looking up the caveman. He gave us an amazing snoring trip. We swam with manatees, and rays, and sharks, and he went over and above to ensure an amazing time. I he also was very fast in responding. To any issues. My friends fin fell off and broke. I he was having a hard time getting back to the boat. I Henry the caveman dove right in and helped back with no hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012
Dora P, Owner at Tio Pil's Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Bryan4viponly, we always appreciate it when our guests take the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location , hammocks, balcony and Caye Caulker. Our hotel is indeed small and was built in 1970 by my Grandfather. We are definitely not for everyone but are committed to keeping our rooms clean and comfortable and offering value for your money.

We'd like to thank you for staying with us and hope we get to see you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here last summer and I'm just now getting to this review. Great air conditioned rooms,the staff is great. They have a wonderful balcony that overlooks the blue waters and the reef. Clean rooms and great rates, we came during the off season and just enjoyed our time on this island.. Now if you're into the very fancy overpriced rooms this place might not be for you.. Expect the island feel with the lime green painted building. Great outside bar downstairs right below the balcony good times when they wheel out the jukebox. Need the water taxi?? Well it's right downstairs from this place. Scuba diving your thing?? It's right downstairs from this spot.. I'm not to sure if all the rooms offerd a mini fridge but ours had one and that came in handy with keeping water and some Beliken beers cold.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
dpeace, Owner at Tio Pil's Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Caleb C., we really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review, especially since you stayed with us last summer! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We must agree that we do have a stellar location and our rooms, although basic, come equipped with the necessary amenities. We are constantly improving and invite you to come back very soon! The hammocks wait... :)

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Perfect place to stay in San Pedro. The staff is amazing. They went out of their way for my friend's birthday and helped us find restaurants and taxis. I will always stay here on my trips to Ambergris.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
dpeace, Owner at Tio Pil's Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for writing us a review! Glad to hear that your friend enjoyed her birthday! We had a good time helping you put it together! We love it when our guests keep us busy! We'll be looking forward to having you here again very soon we hope.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed at Tio Pil's for 4 nights in May. We had a great stay and would recommend to anyone. Management was friendly and helpful, the rooms were great, and the view of the beach and reef were amazing!
Water taxi, bars, restaurants, etc are all within easy walking distance - you won't regret staying at Tio Pil's.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
tiopils, Owner at Tio Pil's Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
A million thank you's to adagal13 for writing us a review. We are always grateful to guests who help spread the word. :) We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you visit us again very soon.

Owner/Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

If you want a clean room, great location, and friendly service at a super price for San Pedro, then look no further. We stayed in an ocean front room and loved sitting on the deck or laying in the hammock watching the beach activity. The water taxi dock is right out front and several great restaurants are near by. The rooms are basic, but the bed is comfortable. We stayed in room 1 where I felt the air conditioner was fine, but I heard another guest who likes his room really cold complain that he moved out of room 1 because he didn't think the AC was good enough. I preferred opening the window to the wonderful breeze which is why you come to San Pedro anyway, right? Anyway, slept great and loved the location. If you travel light, you can walk to Tio Pil's from the San Pedro airport (~10 minutes). I hope to return!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Tio Pil's Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear MinnesotaPT: Thank you very much for posting your very kind review. We strive to make sure that every guest enjoys a memorable experience here on our island and especially at our hotel. Yes, our location is ideal...we have my grandad, Tio Pil, to thank for that. :) Once again, thank you and we hope to have you visit us soon.

Dora

P.S. The AC in Room 1 was replaced with a brand new unit but we just have to agree with you and say that, yes, the great Caribbean Breeze is a hundred times better! :)

Been to Tio Pil's Hotel? Share your experiences!